Jetskis

pauldoubleyou

A proper shite 90s jet ski just came up by me and I’m sorely tempted. Looks like a decent version of the year, a seadoo spi.

Seems rotax powered which I remember from my karting days and I’m hoping to go and see it tomorrow. Looks like a two cylinder carb fed job.

b4abc282e29f4fbeff93b386d28f2cdc.jpg

Anyone played with them?

As usual the engines in bits and it’s missing the jet whatever that is. Presume where the prop fires water down?

Are there any rules to it’s use or can I just get it running and blast about on it on the local water and lochs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a useful link - http://www.pwcforums.co.uk/forums/topic/60384-can-we-jet-ski-around-any-river/

Do you know any of the history as to why it isn’t running or why it hasn’t been used for some time?

A friend of mine bought one which had been flooded. Unfortunately it was fubbered. He eventually gave up with it primarily down to the cost to repair/replace the engine.

Youtube > Mustie1 > then have a search - there is a series of videos in one of his playlists where he bought a jet ski that wasn’t running and managed to get it running again. He shows you how to go through checking all the various bits and places to start.

Hope that helps in some way shape or form!

I think, i think boat speed limits would apply to these so far as to say you could use it on the thames though it would be absolutely no fun doing 5 knots and would somewhat defeat the object of having it.

Plenty of reservoirs and sailing clubs near me here where it could be used. Some require you to have membership in order to access. Again, a guy I used to work with had a jet ski, speedboat and uses it on this lake/reservoir. He pays an annual membership giving him the access code etc so he can just rock up and crack on whenever he likes

Cheers,