1980 Triumph Dolomite 1300 Project now bridged.

purplebargeken

and no Dolomite.

Useful bits for my Toledo taken off, both headlights as halogen (££), sidelights/indicator units (££) and seat belts and radio/housing, front door card ashtrays (missing on the Toledo), door cappings and a section of dash trim, all in about £165 of bits, got £385 so just about broke even. Also kept the new stuff I bought obv and the boot repair section.

She will enable other smoll Triumphs to live on. She really was beyond saving. This is only the second Triumph I have scrapped in my life, so not too bad. 

Shame really but that is how it goes sometimes. 

They are pretty much the only bargain truly British car left. Stick a ford badge on and you would be looking £3k as it is if not more.

The Dolomite owner's favourite hobby seems to be constantly moaning about how their shit old car isn't worth £10k, when if it was worth £10k they almost certainly wouldn't own it.

Sadly I'm utterly destitute and London may as well be on the moon, otherwise I'd probably have bought it and had it trailered up here to strip for parts myself as most of that car looks considerably better than either of mine... The entire front end of my 1300 is crafted out of wob and the headlights are falling out, ditto the 1850 which also needs doors, top of the bulkhead and rear screen surround.