Saab 9-3X 2.0T... buggered ECU

Springer

Have the chance of the above for pennies and have been discussing with the owner, Have always hankered after the chunky 9-3X estate with it's 4x4.

Current owners have faffed about getting the ECU repaired. Company that has done the 'repair' lost the original and have sent two replacements, neither of which have worked.

Sellers have got sick of the carry on and have replaced the car. It's literally 2 miles from my old mans house so could tow it there and dump it until I could work out a fix.

Last discussion with the sellers was that the ECU was only for the 9-3X and that;s where the problem was. 

Do our Saab lickers on here concur with this or is it an ECU and everything else needed???

Input would be much appreciated.

I have sufficient pennies sitting here in the house and could rattle up the road after work  tomorrow and obtain it. On a 10 plate, 125k miles and only one ever MOT fail for a dodgy lock on one of the back seats which was there and then repaired!

Seller has said that a new unit is £800 (it's his Mum's car) even at that it worth the coin.

Sorely tempted!!!

Over to the faithful shiters for advice!!

9-3x - a rare car and holds its money (about the only saab that does) how cheap is cheap because by the sounds of it you’ll still be on a winner if you did indeed have to do 800 on a replacement ecu.

Someone’ll be able to answer your question here.... http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/UKS/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=b7ba83e5e02902e8fb5c7900f6f34f42

I spotted that car for sale and quite fancy it too- never seen one in the wild. No idea about 9-3 ecu's but 9-5 ones and be swapped around and coded in by Noobtune easily. Might be worth firing him an email.

I did have the hardware for flashing Saab ECUs and it was reasonably easy.  I think you would need a tech2 system for an ECU swap.  As mentioned there are some great Saabista folks that will help Im sure.  Karl of Noobtune is seconded here and I think he now has tech2.  He used to fiddle with my Aeros.  http://noobtune.co.uk/ is where you would find his contact details.  Definitely worth a call.  9-3X is a thing of beauty and quite a rarity.  Hopefully it stays on the road.

The car has been at Perth Saab who couldn't fix it so I was advised to run away by a fellow shiter.  Apparently to 'quote' him the Haldex in these is made of cheese as well. May thanks to said shiter, he knows who he is.

Am particularly grumpy tonight as had made up my mind to purchase an XC90. Long term owned by the local garage owner and price dropped into my range last night, Rattled through jobs today and whizzed round the corner with a wad in my pocket this afternoon,  only to find it had sold 2 hours previous.  Grrrrrrrrrr!

Have had 2 cars off him in the past and it rubbed  salt into the wound when he said, 'you should have given me a shout this morning and I'd have held onto it for you'!

My fault I know, but I'm just about car'd out just now. Stuck with the fecking 'emergency' Mondeo for the foreseable.....and I hate it! Only option left is to try again with the A6 Allroad and probably have to spend what it cost me initially on the gearbox.....that's if I can find anyone near Aberdeen to look at it. 

I am NOT in a good mood.