Broadsword's Fleet Thread

Broadsword

Annoyingly it has also picked up a slow puncture on the rear, and a front ARB link has snapped. Parts are cheap though so when I get a moment, I'll fix the suspension bits, do the front brakes and get two new tyres.  A day's TLC should see it right again. Other fleet members can take up the slack in the meantime. Fortunately the car to be picked up on Sunday can after some fettling take a bit of the pressure off the Lupo. It should be pretty frugal in its way.

5 hours ago, Broadsword said:

I've never seen anything quite like it on my watch. The spring snapped and made a bid for freedom, taking the tyre out with it. What's more there is no rust on the spring at all, looks like fatigue failure. Luckily this didn't happen on the road so no harm done, just a bit unnerving.

The same thing happened on my Laguna - luckily it went right at the bottom, so the spring cup more or less held everything in place and the tyre survived. Limped it over to the garage who got it on their ramp and pointed out that exactly the same thing had happened on the passenger side as well without me noticing - it had only gone through the MOT a month before so I think I'd be replacing them in pairs... 

34 minutes ago, angle said:

The same thing happened on my Laguna - luckily it went right at the bottom, so the spring cup more or less held everything in place and the tyre survived. Limped it over to the garage who got it on their ramp and pointed out that exactly the same thing had happened on the passenger side as well without me noticing - it had only gone through the MOT a month before so I think I'd be replacing them in pairs... 

Agreed totally about replacing in pairs. Prices are so low, it's no pain doing that. I've had plenty of fractured springs over the years. What's new to me is the spring making a bid for freedom like that. For a moment I thought it snapped in the middle, but it appears to be broken at the bottom, yet still it jumped out of the cup.

I've never seen one go like that either to be honest, maybe as the coil broke a twisting motion ensued as the tension was released sliding over? I'm clutching at straws really but that would be my best guess.

At least as you say pretty much everything's cheap for them and you've already got pads and discs. Probably well worth getting the back tyre checked before stumping up the cash for a new one, on a steel rim it could quite easily be fixed with a simple re-seal/new valve.

Not a new trick for VW. 

We always had a stack of these magazines in the lav when I was a lad.  I remember one article about the editor's Passat Mk1 which broke a front spring and cut the tyre open whilst parked.  VW should have stuck with torsion-bar springs.

image.jpeg.360918cbccc220f18892fa9e201dbc66.jpeg

Things have been pretty busy as usual. Time for fleet update.

The XJ 4.0 Sport was finally buttoned up, sold and collected today. The Lupo hasn't been fixed yet, but it will get done at the next possible opportunity, I haven't forgotten about it, just there is a lot going on. This brings me on to what has been doing daily duties. Roll out the latest Jag, which just kind of happened. Some may remember this one, the high mileage hero (280 k miles!) LPG fueled X350 XJ6 Sport, which Wingz 123 kindly let me purchase with a mind to putting it back somewhat to it's former glory after some minor malfunctions.

So the story on the LPG X350 was that I had eyed it up long ago, but other's had bought it before I got round to it. After seeing Wingz's thread I decided to kind of ask for first refusal, but that soon ended up with me buying it on the spot. Anyway it was duly collected a couple of weeks ago. It was an exciting prospect. A big Jag you can run as a daily with ease. There was a slight problem with the suspension as you can see from the previous thread on it, but I was determined to have it. Fast forward a bit and I was on my way to collect from Reading. It was a long very (220 miles) tiring drive back with what was essentially a collapsed suspension, but it turned out better than expected. Pleasure to meet yet another Shitter in person.

With the suspension on the bumpstops I decided to buy a brand new air pump as it was pretty clear the attempted repair had not quite gone right. Removal of the pump is easy enough, you will find it in the passenger side wheel arch. Getting some of the bits off the old pump to transplant on to the new one was a bit of a challenge. I had to destroy the old pump with a Dremel to get some bits of pipe off. Once everything was back together the car was fired up and a bit of a wait ensued. Eventually, to my delight, the car was sitting proud on all four corners. It was also driving nicely. Result! Other jobs done include a bit of a clean up, and draining/cleaning the wettest boot I have ever come across. It really was a lake back there. A least two litres of water! Also the power steering fluid was badly contaminated (white). I have flushed it three times now and things have become much quieter, and the steering nicer. The bonnet was also refusing to shut, but it's just sticky bonnet latches, a 5 min fix.

The other issues identified were rear discs and pads, which are toast, but that's an easy job. Also the ABS fault needs identifying at some point. DSC/ABS failure comes on at around 20 MPH and the ABS module can be felt clicking the first time you use the brakes after startup. There is a spare ABS sensor with the car. Any ideas from previous owners here are welcome. A quick clean of the exterior and I think it looks presentable enough. I really don't care about the bubbling bits, they aren't structural.

On to the good points with running this car. It really drives quite nice for it's miles. It isn't the fastest thing around, but is remarkably refined. We had an X350 3.6 V8 last year and somehow I prefer this. The gearbox doesn't like it when you drive flat out, the shift points are kind of weird. It's fastest at half throttle. No slipping from the box and shift are smooth. In short it's like the XJ8, but as James May said you just need to press the throttle a bit harder. As far as running on LPG goes, it's great. It seems to get about 300 miles from 60 odd litres of LPG. I get the fuel for around 52 pence per litre. Filling up is not so nice. If you accidentally spill any gas it smells awful, and I mean really bad. It really makes you want to throw up.

Other news in the fleet. The XJR6 continues to soldier on. It threw a gearbox warning light for a bit, but that may have been related to mucking around with the bonnet (picked up the new blue bonnet for the now sold XJ Sport with the XJR and this may have upset the earth cable going to the bonnet. The Range Rover is being a bit more problematic. It is having a massive problem starting, and there is lots of air in the fuel line. I'm suspecting the issue is in the fuel tank itself as everything else looks ok. When running it's fine, but air is visible in the fuel feed. No tinkering for a month now unfortunately as I am away.

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8253.JPG

IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8256.JPG

IMG_8257.JPG

On 9/28/2019 at 8:01 AM, Snipes said:

Pretty common Laguna 2 trick that iirc. Wasn't it Bol who had one pop the tyre when the car was sat on the drive?

Don't Laguna 2s have springs like a snake that's swallowed a pig. Seem to remember having to borrow different spring compressors to change dampers on one. That'd explain the bid for freedom when a coil parts company 

I'm still away so no tinkering, but I've had time to consider how to go about fixing the fleet up when I'm back. Starting with the Lupo. Two options I can see. Option 1: buy two new stock springs and fit them. This will cost about £30. A tyre will be about £40. The ARB link I have and the front brakes might as go on at that point too as new discs and pads came with the car. Option 2: buy this exceedingly cheap coilover set that has been pointed out to me and do all four corners.

Below is a link to the coilovers. Still doing on my homework on the brand "MaxSpeedingrods". How bad an idea is this? There are many YouTube videos on the brand. They are referred to as eBay coilovers. Thing is the Lupo is a low performance car and maybe these would actually be durable on such a low demand application. Any ideas?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coilover-for-VW-Lupo-6X1-6E1-1998-2005-Spring-Coil-Strut-Shock-Absorber/293208713473

The Range Rover I think has an in tank fuel pump problem. The injector pump has clearly been replaced, there is what looks like a non-return valve on the fuel line in the engine bay. The injector leak off pipes were replaced by myself and the fuel filter area looks fine (recent new fuel filter too). With all the air going through the fuel line, logically all that is left is the in tank pump. I'll disconnect the fuel line and see how much it can pump out as a test. After that I'll probably have a peek in the fuel tank. There is an excellent guide to doing this from inside the car, which is just as well as I'm not interested in dropping the fuel tank.

The XJR is ok, just needs an autumn tidy up. Also a slight accident when removing the bonnet for something else has chipped the paint a little bit. We will see how it will touch up, but I really wanted another bonnet without holes for the leaper anyway so I'm not overly bothered. It continues to go like a rocket. I haven't fixed the accidentally broken wire for the speed sensitive power steering because the heavier steering feel suits it brilliantly.

The LPG XJ6 is excellent, although I'm not using it myself right now. The fuel economy is just brilliant and it isn't anywhere near as tired as one might expect. It's soooooo comfortable. I'm keen to do rear discs and pads, and also solve the ABS error. I think the ABS thing might be a bad connection somewhere as rain makes things worse. We lost the speedo during a very wet run to Manchester this week, which came back when the weather improved. Also the wet boot might be a clue to something. Anyway there is a technical bulletin from Jag on bad earth points and dirty pins on the ABS module. Something to consider anyway.

So we are at a point where everything needs a bit of work. Nothing awful, but all needs sorting out. Shame it isn't summer anymore as working conditions would have been nicer.

Well done on acquiring the LPG Jag and fixing the Air Suspension.

coil Sping breakage, I've had two, one on an X-Type and one on. Fiesta ST.  Neither punctured the tyre though.  I blame cheaper materials AA data speed bumps etc and that is before we get into potholes.

hearing your tale of XJ Bonnets and I assume you used the XJR as a 'mule" to fetch a bonnet, reminds me of a mate of mine many years ago.  He had a bit of an incident in his MK4 Corttina, drove into a scrappy in town, came out with wing, bonnet, headlamp , bumper and swopped  it all over in the car park.  Disposal of the bent stuff was naturally no bother given the venue.

6 minutes ago, Isaac Hunt said:

hearing your tale of XJ Bonnets and I assume you used the XJR as a 'mule" to fetch a bonnet, reminds me of a mate of mine many years ago.  He had a bit of an incident in his MK4 Corttina, drove into a scrappy in town, came out with wing, bonnet, headlamp , bumper and swopped  it all over in the car park.  Disposal of the bent stuff was naturally no bother given the venue.

Yep, that was exactly what the deal was. It's the third Jag bonnet I've collected from this place in Manchester. X300 bonnets I've been getting freshly painted for £120. I also got a freshly painted XJS bonnet for £150 a while back. It's an absolute boon. I doubt they will do any more though, it's too cheap. I might pay them a bit more next time and treat this XJR to a freshly painted bonnet. It would be worth it to get rid of the holes and the other imperfections. Interesting to note that the act of changing bonnets often throws up an electrical gremlin. On the turquoise XJR6 replacing the bonnet initially triggered a TRAC FAIL light and like I said on the red car the gearbox light. There is a very dinky earth lead going to the bonnet. I don't quite get how it causes these issues tough.

Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you busy, I can't help but feel slightly guilty that the Lupo disgraced itself popping the coil like that!

RE Ebay coilovers, I've never tried them TBH so couldn't say but in the spirit of WCPGW I could be tempted to do the same if I were in the position to make that choice.

FWIW I can tell you that the rear shocks were replaced with some genuine low mileage ones (Sub 30k checked using the breaker cars reg) a year or two before the it came to live with you. I suppose ignoring the mileage though that would still make them 15 years old as an absolute minimum...

11 hours ago, Broadsword said:

Yep, that was exactly what the deal was. It's the third Jag bonnet I've collected from this place in Manchester. X300 bonnets I've been getting freshly painted for £120. I also got a freshly painted XJS bonnet for £150 a while back. It's an absolute boon. I doubt they will do any more though, it's too cheap. I might pay them a bit more next time and treat this XJR to a freshly painted bonnet. It would be worth it to get rid of the holes and the other imperfections. Interesting to note that the act of changing bonnets often throws up an electrical gremlin. On the turquoise XJR6 replacing the bonnet initially triggered a TRAC FAIL light and like I said on the red car the gearbox light. There is a very dinky earth lead going to the bonnet. I don't quite get how it causes these issues tough.

At £120 a bonnet all licked up in a splash of colour, is a good deal, younprobs could not do that yourself for much cheaper., in fact you might not be able to do it for £120.   To a bodyshop with a mixing scheme, it isn't that big a job.  With the panel offf the car, a DA Sander will, have that back in minutes.  They will probs put  it in primer when it is in the booth with 'other'.  Then the colour, again a 'small mix' and finally the lacquer when it is in the booth with other.  It is not a fortune teller job for them, but as a 'fit around' job, it probs works quite well for them.   

I'm still away so no tinkering, but I've had time to consider how to go about fixing the fleet up when I'm back. Starting with the Lupo. Two options I can see. Option 1: buy two new stock springs and fit them. This will cost about £30. A tyre will be about £40. The ARB link I have and the front brakes might as go on at that point too as new discs and pads came with the car. Option 2: buy this exceedingly cheap coilover set that has been pointed out to me and do all four corners.
Below is a link to the coilovers. Still doing on my homework on the brand "MaxSpeedingrods". How bad an idea is this? There are many YouTube videos on the brand. They are referred to as eBay coilovers. Thing is the Lupo is a low performance car and maybe these would actually be durable on such a low demand application. Any ideas?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coilover-for-VW-Lupo-6X1-6E1-1998-2005-Spring-Coil-Strut-Shock-Absorber/293208713473
The Range Rover I think has an in tank fuel pump problem. The injector pump has clearly been replaced, there is what looks like a non-return valve on the fuel line in the engine bay. The injector leak off pipes were replaced by myself and the fuel filter area looks fine (recent new fuel filter too). With all the air going through the fuel line, logically all that is left is the in tank pump. I'll disconnect the fuel line and see how much it can pump out as a test. After that I'll probably have a peek in the fuel tank. There is an excellent guide to doing this from inside the car, which is just as well as I'm not interested in dropping the fuel tank.
The XJR is ok, just needs an autumn tidy up. Also a slight accident when removing the bonnet for something else has chipped the paint a little bit. We will see how it will touch up, but I really wanted another bonnet without holes for the leaper anyway so I'm not overly bothered. It continues to go like a rocket. I haven't fixed the accidentally broken wire for the speed sensitive power steering because the heavier steering feel suits it brilliantly.
The LPG XJ6 is excellent, although I'm not using it myself right now. The fuel economy is just brilliant and it isn't anywhere near as tired as one might expect. It's soooooo comfortable. I'm keen to do rear discs and pads, and also solve the ABS error. I think the ABS thing might be a bad connection somewhere as rain makes things worse. We lost the speedo during a very wet run to Manchester this week, which came back when the weather improved. Also the wet boot might be a clue to something. Anyway there is a technical bulletin from Jag on bad earth points and dirty pins on the ABS module. Something to consider anyway.
So we are at a point where everything needs a bit of work. Nothing awful, but all needs sorting out. Shame it isn't summer anymore as working conditions would have been nicer.

Keep me in mind for this when you get bored.

• 2 weeks later...

Still had practically no time to fix stuff, but I've got a little bit done. Starting with the P38 Ranger Rover: I have now fitted a new in tank fuel pump. Instead of dropping the fuel tank, a small flap was cut above the tank after which it's easy to remove the pump/sender unit. Forgot to order new olives to seal the fuel lines so had to wait till today to finish off the job. The difference is dramatic. After a week of sitting in horrible weather the engine fired up easily even though it would have needed to push loads of air through. Idle was smoother than ever and the throttle is more responsive on the road. Now for the big surprise, the gearbox is MUCH better now. I don't quite know why, but the shifting at higher revs unless gentle on the throttle has been fixed with this new in tank pump. It drives like a different car now. Quite agreeable. Hopefully the battery drain issue is nothing much or was just all the cranking it has needed to do recently. Overall a good result.

With the Ranger Rover mobile once more I brought the Lupo back from the farm with a mind to replacing the front struts tomorrow. I will be battling the rain with that job, but it's urgent now because I have an additional problem...

The X350 has been doing some serious lifting. It's done over 1500 miles already since purchase. Fuel economy remains excellent with 300 miles to a tank of LPG. The ABS issue I have tracked down a bit more. My £15 OBD2 scanner amazingly picked up a fault with the rear ABS sensors. I doubt they have both failed and the reluctor rings are ok. My thought is that the sensors are clagged up as the distance from the sensor to the reluctor ring is very small and crap might get stuck inbetween.

The ABS problem has become less of a worry compared to the gearbox though. It was a bit dicky to start with, but now it's starting to lurch under load in top gear as well as making a strange intermittent whirring/grinding noise, again mainly in 6th. Knocking it down to 5th seems to tame it a bit. We had some badly flooded roads around here last week and I think after a bit of wading the problem started. Also the speedo fails in heavy rain. I wouldn't be surprised if the gearbox is on it's way out, but the electrical issues could perhaps be related to it. It did have a very wet boot when I got it. I'm fielding around for specialists in my area to maybe fit another gearbox if it came to it and the price weren't so bad. It's so frugal, I could justify it up to a point and the car has had so much good work done on it in the past, it has life in it yet. Flicking through the service history it is in fact on it's second engine and gearbox.

More news on the Lupo tomorrow hopefully.

IMG_8370.JPG

Regards the x350 box, the torque converter is a common fail that is masked by the sealed for life lurch issues and makes a smashing noise too.

Before you get too carried away have you tried a reset on the adaptions? 50mph for 10-15 minutes stop and repeat a couple of times. Sure I’ve got that wrong somehow but I don’t have the kit with me at the moment but will be back in the uk on Wednesday.

I would be cool with a diagnostic session with you if you want to plug her in.

Regards the x350 box, the torque converter is a common fail that is masked by the sealed for life lurch issues and makes a smashing noise too.

Before you get too carried away have you tried a reset on the adaptions? 50mph for 10-15 minutes stop and repeat a couple of times. Sure I’ve got that wrong somehow but I don’t have the kit with me at the moment but will be back in the uk on Wednesday.

10 hours ago, bangernomics said:

Many thanks for the offer. I am in Manchester next Saturday morning which would have been convenient in terms of a meet up, but I'm not sure I can risk driving the car that far. Damn.

Things not going so well on repairs front. I attacked the Lupo this morning and had to abort. The two strut bolts are rusted to hell and seized. One is moving slightly, but I'm fairly sure there will be a rounded off bolt head (the bolt heads are far too shallow by the way) or something will snap. I need replacement nuts and bolts for the struts. Not sure where I will get them from though in the first instance. It gets worse with the brakes. The sliding pins are very strange. You have a sleeve with a separate bolt going though it. There are no dust caps either which is mad. Everything is very rusty and the bolt on the driver's side upper sliding pin is completely rounded off. The brakes need doing so a new set off sliding pins need ordering too. It's all a bit of a mess. I'm expecting the passenger side to be as bad so best replace all these bits.

I had a quick look at the X350, disconnected the battery and decided to start cleaning earth points off. I found two earth points in the front of the engine bay either side and several in the boot. Then I discovered there was once again a lake in the boot. It has a horrendous leak, but no obvious clue where it is getting in as there is no clear line of damp from above to the spare wheel well. No time to investigate. I touched one of the earth points in the engine bay and the bolt disintegrated into white powder. Did a temporary bodge repair, but that needs sorting out. The car still functions as before.

It's all a bit stressy as the only two cars that work properly are very thirsty and fixing the Lupo is starting to look like quite a lot of hassle. I wanted the Lupo on the road and the XJ6 on the back burner. On the up side I awoke the XJR from it's slumber and it is running/driving nice. The Range Rover seems to be behaving. No beeping when I lock it now and a quick go measuring current with a multimeter shows it goes to sleep properly. Lets see if it starts tomorrow with the battery connected overnight. Starting the engine is easy now, not much cranking needed, but two bursts of the glow plugs essential.

IMG_8371.JPG

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8375.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG

IMG_8380.JPG

Not sure if it's the same on the X350, but the favourite leak into the boot on the older XJ's used to be from around the fuel filler.  Used to fill up with water whenever it rained once the drain got clogged...or the drain tube can pop off as happened on the one a mate had...cue the boot turning into a giant sponge.  Not ideal when there are several ECUs in there...

Sorry to hear you're having some mither with the Lupo, I really hoped to see you back up and running in it today.

Admittedly I was the last person to work on the brakes but wasn't conscious of a rounded caliper pin! FWIW it's actually really common on them as VW insisted on using that daft (7mm?) allen key fitting which pretty much asks for trouble. I've had this happen twice on two separate VAG cars, the first I got out by hammering a slightly too large torx bit in (You have to make sure it goes right to the bottom of the allen recess to get a good shot at it), the second using Irwin bolt removers. Either way it's a ball ache TBH.

New slider pins are pretty cheap... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-1998-2005-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-SLIDER-PIN-KIT-GUIDE-TUBES-BOLTS-BCF1313L/231491033484?fits=Model%3ALupo&epid=28004453336&hash=item35e5f0d98c:g:rPQAAOSw9pNctxym#vi-ilComp

For the strut bolts I'd go direct to VW tbh, again they shouldn't be expensive, I'd hazard a guess at around a tenner a set.

46 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Not sure if it's the same on the X350, but the favourite leak into the boot on the older XJ's used to be from around the fuel filler.  Used to fill up with water whenever it rained once the drain got clogged...or the drain tube can pop off as happened on the one a mate had...cue the boot turning into a giant sponge.  Not ideal when there are several ECUs in there...

Yes the old XJ design of the fuel filler being upright was an invitation for disaster. A classic was that the drain blocked, water filled up above the fuel filler cap, then a careless owner opens the fuel filler cap letting water rush into the tank. The X350 is quite different though so I don’t think that’s the issue. I’m still kind of hopeful that between crumbling earth points and this dreadful water leak, maybe the gearbox isn’t ruined. My real worry with it is the strange noise it makes in top gear. Bare in mind the heavy rain and flooded road wading are what have really set it off. Dunno, need a bit of luck around now!

I just saw an interesting post on the X350 user group on Facebook. Someone had picked up a 53 plate XJ with LPG and said that cleaning the rear wheel speed sensors cured a “misfire”.

3 minutes ago, Shirley Knott said:

Sorry to hear you're having some mither with the Lupo, I really hoped to see you back up and running in it today.

Admittedly I was the last person to work on the brakes but wasn't conscious of a rounded caliper pin! FWIW it's actually really common on them as VW insisted on using that daft (7mm?) allen key fitting which pretty much asks for trouble. I've had this happen twice on two separate VAG cars, the first I got out by hammering a slightly too large torx bit in (You have to make sure it goes right to the bottom of the allen recess to get a good shot at it), the second using Irwin bolt removers. Either way it's a ball ache TBH.

New slider pins are pretty cheap... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-1998-2005-FRONT-BRAKE-CALIPER-SLIDER-PIN-KIT-GUIDE-TUBES-BOLTS-BCF1313L/231491033484?fits=Model%3ALupo&epid=28004453336&hash=item35e5f0d98c:g:rPQAAOSw9pNctxym#vi-ilComp

For the strut bolts I'd go direct to VW tbh, again they shouldn't be expensive, I'd hazard a guess at around a tenner a set.

Yes I think 7 mm Allen key was what fit in there. It’s just a daft design. Indeed it is looking like VW direct for those strut bolts. I’m thinking I might end up cutting the nuts off to gets the strut bolts off.

Do you have an impact gun?

I had to have the strut bolts off the V70 last month to replace a wheel bearing,  the car has lived in Scotland for most of it's life and those bolts were pretty scary to look at corrosion wise. I'm 100% certain if I'd have tried a breaker bar it would have gone west, but after soaking them daily in Plusgas for a week beforehand, after some  initial rattling and faltering the gun buzzed them right off.

This is the one I have... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Silverstorm-400W-Electric-Wrench-garage-workshop-impact-gun-DIY-Tool/233016163014?epid=2255334522&hash=item3640d87ac6:g:PtAAAOSwLuBb9p1Y

It's just a cheap mains powered jobbie, but coupled with a set of cheap impact sockets it's a great tool to have.

1 hour ago, Shirley Knott said:

Do you have an impact gun?

I had to have the strut bolts off the V70 last month to replace a wheel bearing,  the car has lived in Scotland for most of it's life and those bolts were pretty scary to look at corrosion wise. I'm 100% certain if I'd have tried a breaker bar it would have gone west, but after soaking them daily in Plusgas for a week beforehand, after some  initial rattling and faltering the gun buzzed them right off.

This is the one I have... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Silverstorm-400W-Electric-Wrench-garage-workshop-impact-gun-DIY-Tool/233016163014?epid=2255334522&hash=item3640d87ac6:g:PtAAAOSwLuBb9p1Y

It's just a cheap mains powered jobbie, but coupled with a set of cheap impact sockets it's a great tool to have.

Yes I have an electric buzz gun a bit like that. Forgot I had it in fact. I’ll keep soaking the old bolts in the hope they buzz off next time I get a chance to work on the car. New nuts and bolts will be sourced though.

Water leaks are for me in the past (5 x450) either rear lights or the parking sensor wiring grommet. Usually lights.

Shame re the lupo, that’s a full on face full of misery right there. Buzz gun and oil or lots of heat should sort it.

I’ll keep an eye on your posts and if I’m a bit further north I’ll drop you a ping.