Craptical plastics restoration show- next weekend (NEC)

HMC

I wish the ticket prices were a bit more realistic - £20 is too much for what it is. I went to the bike show in Nov, which was a similar amount, and couldn't really see the value. Enjoyed it, though.

The steam fairs are much less to get into, and generally much more to see and do. I don't understand why anything at the NEC has to be so pricey.

Went last year. Yeah it's not bad. Half the size of the November one. That's good and bad. Bad because not as much to see, good because it's easier and less exhausting to see everything. Parts stalls are mostly overpriced crap like many shows nowadays.

I thought I'd be moving house that weekend so haven't bought tickets.

Pondering about going now.

I shall be there Thursday to Monday (including setup and breakdown) so come along to stand 5-255 and say hello.

Now, here is an offer not available elsewhere! I have quite a few wristbands (different ones each day) and a couple of car park passes available - strictly on a first come first served basis so you could get in for FREE courtesy of UKSaabs and Autoshite. The downside is you will have to collect them from me at the Travelodge, Birmingham airport either early of late each day, or from one of the pubs near the Travelodge! :-)

If you want one, PM me.

It is smaller than the November show, 3 halls as opposed to 5 IIRC, but still plenty to see.

I prefer this show to the November one, as it has everything from basically scrap finds to concourse. All shiny cars can get a bit "samey" for me, and as a bonus most stands have work going on. Last year one of the Volvo clubs brought in a freshly painted bare 121 shell, and drove it out on Sunday evening!

It is smaller than the November show, 3 halls as opposed to 5 IIRC, but still plenty to see.

I prefer this show to the November one, as it has everything from basically scrap finds to concourse. All shiny cars can get a bit "samey" for me, and as a bonus most stands have work going on. Last year one of the Volvo clubs brought in a freshly painted bare 121 shell, and drove it out on Sunday evening!

Exactly that. A smaller show, but better quality if you like ordinary motor cars and barn finds.