A bit of Advice needed: Dealing with crappy Seller (Shotguns involved)

Schaefft

So I bought my mystery car about 6 weeks ago now. The auction was on our favorite auction site, since I was local I popped over to the seller's home to inspect the car and decided to put an offer in right there, one that he quickly accepted to my surprise considering he probably could have gotten a higher bid on Ebay. The auction was ended, I transferred a down payment and paid the rest in cash when the car was delivered a few days later.

Now the car was supposed to come with 3 keys. I only have one key and even though the seller promised me to chuck the keys through my mail box in the next few days, none of it happened. After multiple promises over the next couple of weeks I am now at the point where I am really pissed off. The seller (or more precisely his 20-something son who seems to be the typical person you wouldn't even trust with a bucket of water) doesn't bother answering to my messages either, but he's been shit at that from day one. Since the auction was ended early and the car paid in cash, and our bill of sale didn't mention the two other keys, I'm wondering what other options I might have here.

Some info that might help: Apparently they are commercial traders, they sell from their home in Morpeth or industrial unit in Blaydon (which means they are driving past my house twice every day). They are called Angel Transport Services LTD but are a motor trader: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09739013 I don't know if there's anything I can use to pry there, I'd assume a trader would normally have to create a proper bill of sale that goes beyond a hand written note for tax purposes? They have an abondoned FB page as well, run by the same guy: https://www.facebook.com/angelcarsandvans/ Their Ebayaccount is tecklec62.

The only other alternative I have right now is showing up at their door again and demand them to hand out the keys. Something that will probably not end in hugs and kisses. What worries me as well is that they know where the car will be stored, they can literally just drive off once its back at my place.

Should anyone here actually know these guys, any help would be much appreciated. Right now they seem to be doing their best scummy used car dealer impression and my patience with them has finally dissolved yesterday.

I showed up at their door last Friday and talked to his dad who apparently had no clue what was going on. But I have a feeling that I already know where that conversation is going if I cannot give them a very good reason to hand out those keys (last time they were in a van 20 miles away, they promised to deliver them the next day). I dont necessarily wanna get to the point where things are getting nasty.

How much was it? Appreciate that probably seem irrelevant (and they've obviously lied to you) but if it wasn't massively expensive only you will know whether it's worth pursuing or taking on the chin. Not for a minute suggesting they should get away with lying about things, just that in the general scheme of things it may not be worth the hassle.

If you have key that fits all the locks I would not worry about the spares. You don't say how much you paid for the car if its a banger price its all the fun of the fair.

They probably lost them and just dont want the hassle or somesuch thing.

If you do feel you do need the keys I recommend keeping the dialogue light. Face to face is always good. Pop over to their place and ask them again.

Meh - the picassos advert was a work of romantic fiction - 2 keys ( bollocks) Full documented service history (bollocks) and never been accident damaged ( even more bollocks.

Told them that this was all clearly bollocks - negotiated a few quid off in a take it or leave it and if you take it Im driving off into the sunset now and you will never hear from me again and they took it.

Its both of these really. Usually I'd say myself its not worth the hassle considering the money I've paid for the car, but it seems like this kind of shit will just keep going on and on if shitheads like him aren't being shown that he cannot screw with people.

I’d doubt you have much recourse in this situation if I’m honest. I mean people will go ‘sale of goods act this that and the other’ but in reality they’ll just dodge you. Car dealers are known for running under one title for six months or so then reopening under a new name once you start getting a load of come backs.

How much have you paid for it?

Its both of these really. Usually I'd say myself its not worth the hassle considering the money I've paid for the car, but it seems like this kind of shit will just keep going on and on if shitheads like him aren't being shown that he cannot screw with people.

You're conflating buying a cheap car with changing the world now.

If people are adults and arseholes, it's unlikely you are going to be able to change them and even if you could, what would you win?

Agree. I guess we can conclude here: I bought a decent car for the price even though I didn't get the keys. The sellers turn out to be the scum of the earth, so things could really be a lot worse. Considering they apparently had to move to the middle of nowhere after the shit they pulled, their lives already seem pretty shit anyway. I mean being in a curfew, generally be known by the locals to be a pos AND living at your parent's place at the age of 35 really is quite the punishment isnt it?

I would drop by and ask again, nice, if they can let you have the spare key(s), Please.

If that still doesn't yield, you might. (Or might not) want to ask fear a bit of cash back to cover the cost of getting a spare.

I always check for spare keys at time of view. If they can't be found, I negotiate down accordingly.

I bought a 3 year old motor a couple of years back. Spare was not present and there was all sorts of reassuring words. I made them sign the deposit receipt to say, supplied with two working keys. They told me they checked with the leasing company who insisted it was with the car. The dealer promised to cover the cost....... I said, you take the car down the main dealers and get a new key ordered and coded, then call me when done and I will look at paying the balance and collecting. That galvanised them into a bit if action, but it took several days of waiting.

They said the spare was avail, so I made them feck around getting it sorted. Had they not of done that, it would have been deposit back or £300 off the price please (£100 for the key and £200 or my time feckkin about sorting out their shizz)

At the opposite end of the price spectrum, chances are if the keys haven't surfaced by now, either they don't exist or the seller has the old CBA big time.

Everyone has a view.  It might be worth a friendly visit to see if it is a case of CBA, as they're unlikely to bring out the shot guns.

But then I'd give up.  I've fitted a Sierra and an Astra in the past with lock sets with two (or three) keys from a breakers for £20-25.  The Sierra set was fitted in about 20 minutes I think.

But appreciate your car might be more difficult, perhaps much more difficult?

I was looking at changing the lock set on my mini to get the remote locking up and running again and I imagine it’s a very similar set up on your car and I could buy a second hand Ecu and transponder set and BC1 and keys for under £50 on eBay.

I wouldn’t worry myself on a cheapo motor myself but if it’s a case that you’re just worried about the previous owner taking the car back then a lock set is under £10 to stop someone breaking into the motor.post-9282-0-59030600-1552757741_thumb.png

Your man clearly has assets, he's got this, and this may be fronted.

Quit while your behind doesn't at all come naturally nor easily to me but it's tempered by experience gleaned from a previous 14 year career in the nightclub industry.

I can understand the very clear and real feeling of offence that you're feeling right now but for the sake of a couple of keys my advice would be, don't get in over your head.

If you decide to pursue it further, the numbers 07955734870 or 07512843118 may prove useful.