Could do with some advice, Exiled_Tat_Gatherer related

pauldoubleyou

So I’ve held off here for a month now but I’m stuck and need advice.

Some of you might remember I had a Golf Turbo estate for sale in Jan. Well I sold it to Exiled_Tat_Gatherer and he paid for it with the intention of collection.

But, I haven’t had a message off him in nearly 4 weeks now and I’ve messaged loads. I’ve phoned him and got voicemail. Now I’m not trying to muddy the lads credibility at all, he’s done his bit but I’m worried about not being able to get in touch.

He’s in Belgium and intended to fly over and collect. I’m aware he bought numerous other cars off here and wanted to collect them all in a oner but he’s now not posted in ages.

What the hell do I do? I really need the car shifting but he’s paid for it. I can’t store it forever and I’m still paying tax on it so it can be legal for him to collect.

Really stuck. Any advice appreciated. I’m erring towards selling it on and refunding him if I can get hold of him but don’t want to be the arsehole.

Sorry if this isn’t the way to do things but I’m really at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I posted this I had a bit of regret because - to repeat- I don’t want this to turn into a ‘he’s done something wrong’ thread.

If anyone can pm me his fb I’d appreciate it. All I have is name and phone number.

Just want to get it sorted, I was worried he’d died or something :/

He was away on holiday I think. He's around again now - he posted on the open forum on Tuesday - but I wouldn't be surprised if he's staying away for a bit because of the current "situation" - he wouldn't be the only one.

Regardless the situation on here, he could still make contact and arrange to collect the car that someone else is storing and taxing on his behalf for 4+ weeks, no?

The impression I got from him (he's planning on using the golf to collect a loads of air tools and bikes from me) was that his aim was to collect it this weekend.

I also haven't heard anything since before his jollies, not that I'm blaming the lad, I simply mean to point out that he's clearly putting a complex plan together

Where are you? I say this because if your local i might be able to move it out your way.

I moved a car for him a little while ago. He lost his passport for a short period.

He won’t forget you.

I have him on whatsapp...

I’m in Helensburgh near Glasgow :/

I sold the E36 323 touring to him and he did come over and get it...so he does make good on his word! Obviously not a huge help to those waiting but thought I'd say.

Likewise-he bought our MR2 off us, paid promptly and collected it in December with no hassles.