Clutch Basket Podcast

TheClutchBasketPodcast

Hello all,

As the user name implies, My friend and I have made a podcast. I hope you don't consider this crass publicity generation but I thought it was worth a post to say that it would be tremendous if anyone here would like to listen. It's entirely free and we are not sponsored and we don't run any ads or anything like that. It is entirely commercially unviable and so, the content is all our own and not influenced by any external factors.

We recently recorded an episode that many here on the forum contributed to with suggestions and information. That episode will be out in a few weeks, but for now, please feel free to have a listen to the already released episodes.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-clutch-basket-cars-bikes-trucks-podcast/id1443328958?mt=2

or alternatively

https://www.buzzsprout.com/227896

DISCLAIMER - Whilst we do often talk about shite from all over the world, we also talk about decent cars as well. Please don't be alarmed if you hear mention of BMW's... 

I should add that the new episode is about fun purchases for less than £2k so there is some chod in there! Skoda Estelle's and v6 Mondeo's among other things.

I am sure a lot of you on here are into cheap fun.

Had a listen to that one.

Seems very well produced and easy on the ear.

I'm still baffled that we live in a world where sub-2k is thought of as a cheap car.

I'm still mentally stuck in the Bargains under £500 pages of Autortader.

Thanks Jim!

You can of course get much cheaper cars but we were looking for entertaining stuff so gave ourselves a bit more cash.

I really want to buy myself an MR2 for £2k so that is where my interest in that amount of cash came around.

Perhaps you fail to hook up with those AS 'mainliners' where the *inevitable FTP, driving home a £99 pug Ebay score, makes good copy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I know this is pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone here is interested in, but the new episode is poster super cars. The 80's and 90's stuff that I know most of you had poster of on your teen age walls (even if you will never admin it!)

Anyone, if you only ever had a poster of an Austin Ambassador on your walls when you were a kid then this one might not be for you, but otherwise, I am sure you can find a place in your hearts for some scissor doors and quad turbo 60 valve super cars.

And for those who can't stomach this type of thing. I promise next weeks episode is full of absolute shite. I will give you some info on that this Wednesday.

New episode out for this week. 

Aerodynamic information from memory and by non-engineers. Should all be very accurate.

I was waiting for the CX to be mentioned, particularly as CX means coefficient of drag in French.

Otherwise, entertaining as usual :)