Eclectic Electric Collect

Jerzy Woking

Right, off to Europe to collect my new electric vehicle.

Great start with Operation stack closing the motorway on route to tunnel-3 hours drive instead of 90 minutes. Now Eurotunnel delays.

Still, had time for breakfast (no pooh).post-19526-0-52917200-1552554160_thumb.jpgpost-19526-0-52917200-1552554160_thumb.jpg

Right, off to Europe to collect my new electric vehicle.

Great start with Operation stack closing the motorway on route to tunnel-3 hours drive instead of 90 minutes. Now Eurotunnel delays.

Still, had time for breakfast (no pooh).attachicon.gif20190314_082503.jpgattachicon.gif20190314_082503.jpg

Good luck. Yesterday all roads where gridlocked for 20 odd miles continent side and uk side was similar, on the plus side the French customs just wave you by as They are on supposedly on strike.

Had heard it was due to adverse weather though and there was a hell of a lot of tree damage so maybe a bit of both.post-3747-0-34352500-1552575321_thumb.jpg

Weather was crap-constant rain! I try to use D and N roads rather than motorways.

Through the gloom I did manage to glimpse at some pretty impressive and some derelict chateaux on my way through.

Rained all the way to near Le Mans, the started again in Potiers and through most of the night. Not a great drive.

Got my head down for a couple of hours, and drove on. Sun came up when I was a fair way South of Pamplona and -3c with it. I'm about 50 miles from the "purchase" so stopping for a cafe con leche at a truck stop.

Won't be coming home on it. The range of 30 miles means at least fourty days just to get to Eurotunnel in France.

Sorry about the total lack of photos, but wanted to press on. Shit Vauxhall Vivaro is holding up well!

post-19526-0-52669400-1552637560_thumb.jpg

OK - there have been some splutturings BECAUSE Spanish - why do I never learn to expect the expected?

Head of Spanish importers has been in China and is today in Taiwan doing some research - fair enough, I knew that he went last week. Despite sending his warehouse manager emails, texts and voice mails on Monday saying I was coming in today, he took the day off. As did the rest of the warehouse staff.

Cut a long story short I am making the ONE THOUSAND kms round trip to collect it on Tuesday. The owner is back on Monday afternoon and will pay for my diesel AND has some other bits for me.

Knowing the Spanish way of working, I suspect it still hasn't been put together from the crate yet, and this was his excuse. I will make sure I check the frame number as I have its V5 and number plate with me. Next update on Tuesday then,

Garbaldy-I'm not coming back to UK for a while, so weather will be clear. I hope. I crossed the border and Pyranees at Irun last night in the dark. Saw drizzle for a short while, but no snow. And it was beautifully sunny at dawn, without a cloud in sight.

Secretly hoping it’s an electric one of theseCD667F4.jpeg

Knowing full well I’m likely to be disappointed

I can confirm that you can feel the disappointment now.

However, I am going to be here in Spain for a couple of months, so will specifically looking out for old chod on my motorbike trips further in to south central Spain.

Excuse the lack of an update, but 3 been pissing around with my internet package (unlimited data doent actually mean unlimited data when in Europe). Internet issues not yet resolved, so using that of a local cafe.

So, tada:

post-19526-0-95561600-1553252553_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's no electric Panda nor a Trolleybus (so cool) but a Lifan scooter. Considering most of my other bikes are v-twins of over 1000cc, it's different.

Picked it up from the importers in Camarma, near Madrid, a 600 odd mile round trip to eventually pick it up. This has the Spainish importers updated controller on, which definitely makes acceleration better that the one I rode in the UK, and on my test run this morning, it reached 64 kph which it held when cruise control was engaged. Ideal for local journeys (range is about 50 kms with the new controller.

And now parked up out of the sun next to my other bike here.

post-19526-0-36543600-1553253046_thumb.jpg

Fun in the sun!

Excuse the lack of an update, but 3 been pissing around with my internet package (unlimited data doent actually mean unlimited data when in Europe). Internet issues not yet resolved, so using that of a local cafe.

So, tada:

attachicon.gif20190322_115149.jpg

Yes, it's no electric Panda nor a Trolleybus (so cool) but a Lifan scooter. Considering most of my other bikes are v-twins of over 1000cc, it's different.

Picked it up from the importers in Camarma, near Madrid, a 600 odd mile round trip to eventually pick it up. This has the Spainish importers updated controller on, which definitely makes acceleration better that the one I rode in the UK, and on my test run this morning, it reached 64 kph which it held when cruise control was engaged. Ideal for local journeys (range is about 50 kms with the new controller.

And now parked up out of the sun next to my other bike here.

attachicon.gif20190322_115245.jpg

Fun in the sun!

so you will be riding it back yes?  :mrgreen:

(happy to see its all working well :) )

Noo the pictures shat it self!

its not the first time iv had autoshite eat a picture or 2, I had the DVLA screen shot of my mums old Volvo in my ramble thread go walkies....

I wanted this colour, but none of the latest models in this colour available in UK. The UK importer arranged with the Spanish importer to get me one out here. And this one comes with some upgrades, as Spanish importer is very keen to improve them, which he has done.

It's weird to ride-the only noise is the squeaking of the new tyres on the tarmac! Goes well, feels well built, Bosch motor and electrics, so a well proven motor.

Been advised to get some miles on it everyday and to get the battery down to about 20% for the first 3 (eight hour) charges, as this apparently does the battery some good. Seeing as I only know my way into and out of the town, it will get some use exploring the town.