1999 Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI

Petrolize

VW Passat 1.9 TDI SE Estate - 1999 'T' reg.

MOT until the end of June 2019 - no advisories

145,000 miles approximately 

This car has been in the same family since it was around 1 year old, purchased from Hawco VW in Inverness, still has dealer number plates and so on...

Proper no nonsense engine, good condition for a 20 year old car, and very economical to run. 

Really well looked after, owned for the past 15 years by a proper old school mechanic, anything that ever needed done was done without question. There is some early service history for the first 5 years or so, all done by Hawco VW Inverness, with the booklet stamped up until then, along with nicely handwritten notes to go alongside. Unfortunately in recent years its not had any history recorded, but it has had the cambelt replaced and engine serviced at 140,000 miles, plus two new Avon tyres on the front. 

Registration for eagle eye MOT checkers is T138LNV  - pretty clean history on that front too.

Its all clean and original, a few rust bubbles around the front arches, but nothing serious. Lovely blue paintwork. The only things I think that aren't original is the addition of a full size spare wheel with alloy, sourced by Hawco's in its early days, and a tow-bar. Has a CD multichanger in the back and the boot liner is present too. 

No pets or smokers

Based up near Inverness and looking for £850 or offers. Even if vaguely interested please feel free to message and I will pass on full details and try to sort out some photographs early next week. 

I'm sure I've seen that around the area, it's a nice car.

My slightly older Passat is an SE model too but has a more primitive multifunction display, steel wheels and the interior trim isn't as nice.

Yes, you probably have seen it about, and I’m sure you recogise the photo location! It’s a nice car, the only thing that doesn’t work is the thermostat which appears to run ‘cool’.

I used to use one at a company I worked at about 13 years ago, was fantastic on the motorway, did loads to the gallon, it was an 02 Saloon so I’m guessing it was the PD one. At the time I’d been offered it to buy as unusually for the time the company bought its own cars and kept them 3-4 years. If I’d bought it then I’d probably still have it because with care these cars will run and run and run.

Definitely the last Quality VW, distinctly remember when they brought the later shape out, the one that has the proportions of a schooner. We had one when they first came out, the previous shape one was a world apart both performance and quality wise. The later ones felt like a right lard arse.

Yes, you probably have seen it about, and I’m sure you recogise the photo location! It’s a nice car, the only thing that doesn’t work is the thermostat which appears to run ‘cool’.

Aye mine has a duff thermostat too, it reads into the 80s on the gauge but peaks at 70°c in reality according to the OBD readouts. They're not difficult to change.

• 2 weeks later...