Abandoned shite

JJ0063

To me, that all looks really sad.

Why was the place seemingly abandoned? Did the owner die? Did (s)he go overseas and forget about it because it all got too much?

Land Registry search might reveal who the present owner is supposed to be....

The same YouTube channel also discovered this place somewhere in Devon....

Some details for vehicles with numberplates visible in the video:

D277OGO (Peugeot pickup) - Untaxed since 1 Feb 2002

F90CKO (305 estate) - Untaxed since 1 July 1996

C117 SFG (Toyota) - Untaxed since 1 Nov 1996

C461 NAP (305 saloon) - Untaxed since 1 Feb 1995

HPD 300K (Bedford) - Untaxed since 1 July 1991

Hmm so it’s sat in a barn in a place that now probably public knowledge. Give it a few weeks before someone lump turns up who sounds like his mouth is full of bread in a beaver tail. Barnfind M8!

They've already said the location is being kept private - Cornwall is a big place!

I grew up with pals that lived on ex farms and similar with outbuildings full of shite like that in similar condition. You can spend forever finding stuff and wondering what the place used to be like and how it ended up in that state. There are countless reasons why, not all for the better but most of that rusty old crap is just that. Anything of any worth would have been used somewhere else, converted or sold. Although I no longer spend my free time running around these relics with an air rifle shooting at my pals, I'll never forget that distinct smell of damp metal, rotting wood and fox shit.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, motorpunk said:

Pretty shape, these. My first car, too. That one looks a goner. :(

I do love a Chevette myself, my parents first car they paid proper money for was a Black Chevette Estate. OON 105X 

I'm tempted to ask about this one, but being realistic I think it would be a project too far for me sadly. 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, motorpunk said:

One I found at the roadside in Italy. Poor old Y10, almost certainly nicked and dumped.

IMG_1925.jpeg

It is not Y10, it is simply Y. Great car, I had one in a funky "Giallo Tropici" color. Basically, it is Punto Mk1 with a party hat. Unfortunately, mine succumbed to very terminal rust. I still have the alloys somewhere in a dark corner of my workshop.