Copart Seat Ibiza

omegod

I'd love to help, and could possibly clean and polish it with some notice as it's not a million miles away, but could never afford to outright buy it.

We could crowdfund it, all do bits of work as needed then either one big roffle for forum funds or similar and it goes to someone who does want it as a daily , or get it to ruffgeezer car sales with a white background and again, a decent cause or forum funds for a few months and play the old car ebay game.

I have no use for it whatsoever, but I'd chuck £50 in if it helps anyone that does.

I have no use for it whatsoever, but I'd chuck £50 in if it helps anyone that does.

I'd chuck something in too even though I also have no use for it beyond wanting it saved, but any such scheme needs someone to take charge and somewhere to keep the car whilst it moves on to the next step (roffle? Autoshite bike?).

Hey, my wife isn't here to stop me doing anything stupid! Who's going to bid on it for me then?

Some people on the break up of a relationship go and buy a motorbike and get one of those cack number plates going ‘left the wife... got a life’

Others buy a Seat Ibiza with some broken and possibly impossible to find headlamp clusters to restore. Get it bought!

Don't want to piss on anyone's chips but Copart are a bunch of twats.

Our Seat Altea is due to go to auction at 12pm today.

Nowhere on the additional information does it say about the failing CV joint or possible HGF.  Normal wear & tear to them means very bloody panel has a dent or scrape.

Though this Ibiza is a little special it's probably arrived at the photo location via the forklift tines ensuring all the brake lines are flattened, fuel lines cracked and some lovely crusty holes have appeared in the floor pan.

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/29119309

OMG i have been looking for an Ibiza in this shape for literally ever after my dad had the 1.5 glxi porsche developed engined one and it is literally just down the road from me!!!!!!!!!!

J134 RJM was my dads reg....how unbelievably close is that to this!!!!

I have a copart account and know the system inside out back to front...

Is anyone else here having a go on it? I am utterly shell shocked i need to sit down - I cannot believe this has appeared quite frankly nor how similar it is to the one that was our family car when I was a boy...

Im in awe - just mentioned this to my dad and he nearly fell over. Porsche developed 1.5 was what we had with that wheel under the bonnet. Boot never shut properly (wouldn’t lock in place) and flew up passing a curtain sider as we were making our way back grom Dover having been across to France..... lost a load of paperwork somewhere on the M25....

This talk of mot until july might not be the case.

I've had customers whose car was cat n and the insurance company has insisted on a fresh mot before the car is allowed back on the road.This was where they kept the salvage so it might be different buying from a salvage yard.There won't be mot docs so you will definitely need a duplicate. 

edit: not definitely as it's all online.

OMG i have been looking for an Ibiza in this shape for literally ever after my dad had the 1.5 glxi porsche developed engined one and it is literally just down the road from me!!!!!!!!!!

J134 RJM was my dads reg....how unbelievably close is that to this!!!!

I have a copart account and know the system inside out back to front...

Is anyone else here having a go on it? I am utterly shell shocked i need to sit down - I cannot believe this has appeared quite frankly nor how similar it is to the one that was our family car when I was a boy...

Wahey made up there's a serious contender and the AS spooky fate strikes again, I reckon the current bid may be a local scrap dealer trying to hoover up the cheap crap for the fragger, really hope you get it Wingz 

This talk of mot until july might not be the case.

I've had customers whose car was cat n and the insurance company has insisted on a fresh mot before the car is allowed back on the road.This was where they kept the salvage so it might be different buying from a salvage yard.There won't be mot docs so you will definitely need a duplicate.

edit: not definitely as it's all online.

My van is Cat C (would be S now) - I insured and drove it without repairing it before it’d even had its first MOT.

R.e the mot, shouldn’t be an issue as my Copart focus was still valid after cat n, incidentally it passed without any advisories this very morning. Good luck Wingz and I hope you steal it for 125 ???? 12:00 is the suction start time and it will go through anytime up to 3:30 ish