Moving forward. Please read.

Autoshite Admin

Autoshite Changes  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the proposed changes with more sub-forums?

• Yes, I'd like to change to the proposed structure
    • No - remain with Main, Open, Modern and the existing rules of no politics/religion/potentially sensitive allowed anywhere

In amongst all the vile name-calling and the cesspit of abuse that is the Dark Wob, a classic car was described as a car that the neighbours were envious of. Shite was described as a car that the neighbours despise and a modern was a car that the neighbours didn't notice.

I may be paraphrasing slightly, but I thought it was a decent definition.

With illustrations from my own fleet.

“Ooh that’s a nice car” = Classic (2CV)

“Why don’t you get a proper car” = Shite .( Saab 9000)

*never mentions car = modern (Peugeot 206)

Facebook's a bit cutting edge for ASHQ, we're going to stream it live on Bebo.

And by nasty, we mean a three hour Cavcraft Comedy show.

So by some sort of extraordinary event, I remembered that this was almost time up as we said it would run for one week. I'll close the poll shortly and then we'll get some sort of plan together. Watch this space.....

Edit: Oh right, apparently closing the poll also locks the thread. Unlocking the thread reopens the poll. Bloody technology! I'm quite glad one of the options for any changes was to roll them into a board software upgrade.... So yeah, thread locked through no fault of anyone's! 

OK, so the forum spanners are out (no, I mean the toolbox - not me and Billy) and we're gonna start making changes.

Very soon you'll see the new forums that were requested, such as For Sale and Technical Q&A. Please bear with whilst we move things around, it's done on the live back end so if something doesn't look right simply wait 2 mins and it should right itself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Attention beige-dwellers. The "forum for sensitive issues like politics and other stuff" is now open (should probably come up with a snappier name). As suggested it's by request, just PM one of the mods and we'll add you to the group who can see it.

(Basically just means that nobody will stumble into it by accident, so nobody can be upset that it's probably going to be a little bit less easy going than the rest of the forum. That said, abusive comments still won't be welcome so opinions need to be respected. Even if they're wrong someone elses)