Moving forward. Please read.

Autoshite Admin

Autoshite Changes  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the proposed changes with more sub-forums?

• Yes, I'd like to change to the proposed structure
    • No - remain with Main, Open, Modern and the existing rules of no politics/religion/potentially sensitive allowed anywhere

One thing to be aware of with the colours posting etc is that if a mod uses Tapatalk this stuff isnt easily available.

Yeah I realised that when I was posting, hence the thought of [mod] tags which read across all platforms. Could still use a different colour as well obvs.

Organising threads won't be so hard, primarily modern and open will remain as is. We can filter the most recent for sale threads and move them. I don't think anyone will care if threads about cars that are long since sold stay miles down the main forum where no man dares go.

Questions is a good one but again, if we draw a line in the sand and everything suitable goes in there from next week, in a few weeks you'll have to scroll down quite a way. Threads that reappear can be moved as and when that happens with a link left.

If the forum software supports it you could have the threads in that forum autopurge after say 90 days from the last time it was accessed.

I feel my views are best expressed through an aerial shot of Rome by night, sent to you via Lufthansa’s on board wi-fi, no less.

Not much chod up here and the stewardess gave me a very stern warning when I asked about the trouser snake trick.

An hours drive over the M62 with just me and the Jag awaits after a probably undignified sprint for a connection in Frankfurt.

post-23468-0-22605600-1552415844_thumb.jpeg

If the forum software supports it you could have the threads in that forum autopurge after say 90 days from the last time it was accessed.

We frequently have old threads of many year old resurrected. Either by the current owner updating after a long while or new owners discovering the car after Googling.

Also on the obscure cars, this place is often the only place Google returns results for. It's how quite a few people have found this place.

Reading this thread changed my mind on how to vote; I was all for leaving things as is, believing that I miss stuff because I'd not looked in the right place- for sale particularly, I like for sale threads being part of the content of the main board - you get a lot more interesting thread drift than when there's a dedicated sub-forum.  

However, I hadn't considered how much I miss due to threads dropping off the first page so quickly.  

ive just done a vote thing. went for new stuff.

in all honesty, I haven't been on this forum for as long as many, but I love it here. I love the shite ethos, and the crazy crazy bastards that inhabit this forum - you are all a welcome distraction from my current nightmare work/life balance, and I salute you for that.

I have no issue with the way things are currently, but im not particularly enjoying the malcontent of the people that live in my distraction-world, and therefore i'd like it to be fixed please. preferably by hammering a smaller socket over it...

I think that made sense? if not, meh. I voted.

Lee

my 2 autoshite new shekels worth on the moderns issue is

I say, dont set an age limit or such on anything, I say just let the person making the new thread decide if their car is Autoshite or Modernshite :)

I imagine for example someone who imported/had a 2014 Lada 2107 or a hindustan ambassador would prolly want to post it in the Autoshite section rather then in the moderns section, and I imagine most would agree such cars would best fit in autoshite rather then in the modern section, even tho they are only 5 years old or so :)