05 Honda Jazz it's SOLD

Dave_Q

Yo shitters,

There may be interest in this, or not.

My wife is about to buy a new car so her current one is surplus to requirements.

2005 Honda Jazz SE Sport
MOT April
103000 miles.

Has been unfailingly reliable but has a couple of minor issues, exhaust sounds like its blowing and there is a clunk of some sort reported from the rear end which has never been there when I drive it. And it's slow, outrageously so, possible EGR issue? Never investigated. Scrape on nsr door and has had paint in the past on rear bumper / quarters.

Obviously nobody wants it as a px, anyone keen at £300 or £5 roffle? Ideal for station car, wife or teenage child or anyone else who needs a car but doesn't really like driving.

Roffle list:
3 bangernomics
4 rainagain
6 yes oui si
7 snagglepuss
9 gm
10 gst
11 snagglepuss
12 njgleeds
13 grumpycat
14 gm
15 Iamgroot
16 ohdearme
17 snagglepuss
18 Saabnut
19 Sri05
20 Saabnut
21 Alanism
22 Fraz
24 the judge
26 Jim Bell
27 snagglepuss
28 gadgetgricey
29 Sri05
30 gadgetgricey
32 Jim Bell
33 Unclefester
34 snagglepuss
35 sporty-shite
36 KruJoe
37 gst
38 Flat4
39 njgleeds
41 bangernomics
42 yes oui si
43 snagglepuss
44 Ohdearme
45 Alanism
46 snagglepuss
47 gadgetgricey
48 Unclefester
49 Jim Bell
50 ohdearme
51 bangernomics
52 sporty-shite
53 Sri05
54 njgleeds
55 gst
56 gm
57 GeordieinExile
58 snagglepuss
59 snagglepuss

Townmate is probably a no, the space would be massive with the seats folded down but not long or high enough I would say.

Here are some pictures from today showing scrapes and also the paint, not sure how well it comes out but both rear quarters/doors have some milky patches like overspray or a badly blended repair.

The plate on it will be removed before sale, the original plate I think was DK05ZNL.

Tax is cheap but not that cheap, think its about £140pa due to the relatively high carbon dioxides.

Location is Brighouse, West Yorkshire, J25 M62, HD6 postcode.

We have failed to buy a new car today as one was sold and one misdescribed, but we still intend to buy one before the MOT runs out on this and not bother putting it in for a test. It probably wouldn't need much/anything, but I reckon with the scrape etc we would struggle to get more than about £500 from the public even with 12 months test so the £50+ to retest it is not adding value for us given available time/care levels.

a05729eb784829e1d2d45f4f7b9d8156.jpg

d5bcf015e96ac471b324598c65709269.jpg

c514c988f92264b9ec64f337040ff85d.jpg

28bc9044b36a4d413d380a866a431175.jpg

00fa94e576e0c077939e5d7cdc5dc156.jpg

1174f5aeaf09f3728cb59c40b227fe06.jpg

Should probably also add that these things are well underrated little cars, they really should be the universal answer to "what car should I get for my mate who doesn't car"

Unburstable

Massive inside, small outside

Decent on fuel

Easy to drive and park

The main issue with them is they are not the best driving experience. The steering and pedals feel like you are on a PlayStation 1, before they invented force feedback. So it's light and inoffensive to use but something of a letdown for Ms_Q after an Alfa 147.

I can really see why they are the default choice for someone who doesn't care about cars and just needs something small, cheap and practical. We are only selling because despite ticking every box for her requirements, she just doesn't like driving it, and keep losing it in car parks.

The main issue with them is they are not the best driving experience.

Depends what people want from their driving experience. The motoring press want something that you can go at lightspeed on each corner with every lump and bump felt through the steering wheel.

However the average owner of a Jazz wants a car so easy to park you don't really even have to try. Hitting a pot hole doesn't upset the Labrador sleeping in the boot. Cornering is done slow enough to not cause enough G's, keeping the tissue box on the dashboard stationary - thus no worries about suspension having to work hard. For those people, the Jazz offers the best driving experience.

Any pics of how miserable the inside is ? and engine bay ?

Yeah will get some when it's light. Being the sport it has "sports" seats, think they are black or grey. Despite being a child wagon it's been mucked out semi-regularly so is OK on that front.