bangernomics

C1 wanted around £600

Mrs Spart has a red 3cyl petrol she wants to sell, I'm not going to lie, it's scruffy, first gear synchro isn't very good and it's going to need a head gasket soon. It's done about 180,000. On the good side, it's got a new screen, will come with 12 months ticket and has had a new clutch, exhaust and front brakes within the last 2000 miles. It's generally rot free, I'm amazed at how well it seems to be lasting, they only reason it's going is she's taken a shine to the C2 I bought off dean numbers.

If you're interested then pm me.

You don't really want one of those.

Spend your money more wisely, buy that Buick for example.

I don’t but it’ll stop knobhead neighbours crap parking and I can dump it in a hedge near dinard airport as cheap transport when in France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m afraid they haven’t depreciated enough to reach the £600 mark.

You’ll definitely be able to get a decent Saxo for that, and they’ll appreciate in value much quicker.

If you want something a bit newer, try a first gen C3.

C1's will be getting hoovered up by the racers, the C1 cup in england is booming since they took over from the 2cv's. The series is also starting in scotland and most guys will buy 1 car to build from and a couple for parts

It’s a shame, the only mods on my C1 are a glove box and some beaded seat covers. I wouldn’t race mine, either, not with it’s black box

C1's will be getting hoovered up by the racers, the C1 cup in england is booming since they took over from the 2cv's. The series is also starting in scotland and most guys will buy 1 car to build from and a couple for parts

Yip exactly this. My bro builds the C1's for racing and they cant get enough

Wee Daihatsu Charade L250, £30 a year tax and runs on fumes. 2004 5 door. £450.Any use?

Oh, and working aircon for France!

Not surpass they're not that cheap yet. They're good and hardy little motors in my experience - and that includes owning a 107 for just under ten years from new. Only big thing we had to do was the clutch - and that was mostly because the dealer had left it maladjusted from new until I randomly discovered it was not self adjusting as the dealer claimed! So the release bearing ate itself.

If we hadn't been short on driveway space I'd probably still have it, bloody good little motors they are in my book. I'd not be looking much further if I was after a general purpose car that just needed to be a car.

Only gripe I really had was that the driver's seat is one of those with the ratcheting backrest positions, and the ideal angle for me was precisely halfway between two of the detents. The 2012(?) facelift I think resolved this and the somewhat notchy gearchange.

I’m afraid they haven’t depreciated enough to reach the £600 mark.

You’ll definitely be able to get a decent Saxo for that, and they’ll appreciate in value much quicker.

If you want something a bit newer, try a first gen C3.

I've seen a couple for sale a little over £750 recently... £600 is a bit of an ask to find one, but not absolutely impossible IMO.

As I've said on here before, we had a 63 plate one at work until the policy on company owned cars changed, it was used and abused by many many delivery drivers for several years, including myself on occasion. 80mph up bumpy country roads abused. It took it well, the only thing I ever knew it to need was brake pads/discs and a door handle for its first MOT, I think it possibly got serviced then too? Either way every time I drove it the oil light was on, and the battery moved around and disconnected itself sometimes.

Basically, if you're not planning on delivering pizza in 30 minutes or less they should do you well I'd say. Just make sure it's not SJ63(can't remember the letters and probably shouldn't be putting it up here anyway...)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

If you consider a Saxo or 106 I have a 2002 1.1 106 independence, which has had the head gasket, cam-belt, tensioner, and water pump replaced. Coolant changed, and an oil & filter, and replaced the air filter. As well as a new middle & rear exhaust replaced.

post-21523-0-98172900-1552393930_thumb.jpg

Has some proper Peugeot alloys, and a boot spoiler. 

Amazingly rot free in the boot floor etc.. , few minor marks, scratches, and a minor dink in the corner of the tailgate. 

But is very tidy looking, ( have given it a wash since this pic! ) I have all the handbooks and a couple of receipts and two keys. 

Keep fit windows, pop up sunroof and do it yourself locking. 

I haven't been using it as much as I thought I would of to be honest, I've noticed when I last drove it the heater works only on the top speed. But just needs a new fan, as it's common on 106's & Saxo's for going. The LCD for the milometer doesn't always illuminate to show the mileage, but speedometer and dials work and illuminate just fine without any problems.

Both on my hit list to get done, but if your interested as is send me a PM. 

Otherwise I'll look at getting the faults fixed when I can, and I'll stick a new MOT on it in June when it's due.

And see what interest I get then!

That red golf estate has found its way back to me after matey couldn't afford to finish paying for it.

He's managed to use the diesel that was in it though.

The MOT runs out 22/03, I don't think it needs a lot to pass another.

I'm moving workshop at the moment and I could really do without it being sat outside the old one while I move stuff into the new one.

You'd have change from your £600.