bangernomics

Hive mind roffle find

I’ve got a silly idea in my head. How about you all subscribe to enter a roffle for a <insert stupid car here> that you wouldn’t pay say £500 for but you would pay £8.50 for a chance to own.

What do you all think? My only stipulation is that it has to have MoT.

Go

Roffle subscription.......what a cracking idea. Like the lottery Direct Debit but with more excitement (with the prospect of a festering pile appearing on your driveway plus what the other half says when they clock aforementioned festering pile). I can think of no better win/win scenario.

I’d certainly be up for this, or are you looking for vehicular suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roffle subscription.......what a cracking idea. Like the lottery Direct Debit but with more excitement (with the prospect of a festering pile appearing on your driveway plus what the other half says when they clock aforementioned festering pile). I can think of no better win/win scenario.

I’d certainly be up for this, or are you looking for vehicular suggestions?

That’s the idea, so you choose the car and if enough people pledge then I buy it.

concerned about the environment are we sir?

how about something electric?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1083987

:mrgreen:

(alright ill shut up now LOL)

10 miles a hour,

F*ck off with that idea - it would be quicker to walk ( briskly)

Cannock was the first thing to sidle across my mind :)  In that case, we all stumped up a given amount (I forget how much, but it wasn't a lot) and the Midlands Massiv went to Cannock Auction and bought some frightening old shed - a Peugeot 307CC iirc - for the winner to collect unseen.  Oh the jeopardy!  That was a lot of fun, to be fair.

If we're doing suggestions, I'm going to say (predictably) RWD, automatic and not German.  Although a Vauxhall Senator would be ok... ;)

Cannock was the first thing to sidle across my mind :) In that case, we all stumped up a given amount (I forget how much, but it wasn't a lot) and the Midlands Massiv went to Cannock Auction and bought some frightening old shed - a Peugeot 307CC iirc - for the winner to collect unseen. Oh the jeopardy! That was a lot of fun, to be fair.

If we're doing suggestions, I'm going to say (predictably) RWD, automatic and not German. Although a Vauxhall Senator would be ok... ;)

Smells like the omega 2.6 but it’s miles away and I want it

I'm intrigued, its one more way for me to waste money on old shite I'll never need. But how would we decide on a car?

Suppose it depends, if it's going to be one a month then you can always have a week of digging and people posting up options, with the most likes triggering the dispatch of an authorised roffler to purchase the donor, or something.

I'll be entering regardless although we don't want to take away forum pocket money that would otherwise go to shiters needing their own vehicles moved on via roffle.

I may be as thick as a whale omelette but....

We think of a car we'd like to smoke about in available for a budget of £500

We sell 59 tickets.

Some sort of appointed person then uses the cash to buy the car of choice or as near as they can get.

Then the next lotto draw decides who gets the car.

Is this the idea?

Otherwise we would need sellers to hold on to a car for as long as it takes to sort out a fund.

I can imagine how that would work...

"Hello, a group of internet weirdos would like to buy your Volvo 850...

Could I come and take some photos, check it over and if we like it we can pay you £500 in two weeks time and then a random person from the other end of the country will pick it up two weekends later....

Hello..., Hello?

The whole Cannock thing was a blast from start to finish. If there is a car to be raffled it should 100% be a mystery to those who want to buy tickets.

No pictures, no big clues just something like ‘under 2000cc, petrol, manual MOT until whenever and that it starts and drives for collection purposes’