Citroen Xsara Picasso 2001- shite or future shite?

Prote

We are on our second. The 2001 2.0 Hdi 90 we had first was brilliant, great on the motion potion and tough! We now have a 2004 1.6 petrol which is heavier on the juice but quiet around town. Not the most refined things in the world, but very comfy, bigger on the inside than you could possibly imagine and actually handle pretty well.

My wife always wanted one with the big sunroof, its her car really but as the Saab convertible cant take all 5 of us, its the default weekend car. If you sell it and the sunroof still works let me know!

The sunroof works perfectly! In fact, it all does suprisingly. This one is probably my summer runaround as I ideally wanted something like another Subaru Legacy estate. I'll let you know!

The sunroof works perfectly! In fact, it all does suprisingly. This one is probably my summer runaround as I ideally wanted something like another Subaru Legacy estate. I'll let you know!

I regularly think about Legacys, I do like a Subaru. Our Picasso goes in for an MOT on next wednesday so we'll see how long this one stays with us then!

I had my own business valeting and detailing a good few years ago, this shape of Picasso were IMO the best they did, lot more robust internally than a Scenic and a lot better to drive than the awful Zafira. Had a 90bhp HDI as a runabout for 6 months and found it surprisingly supple and refined, if not especially fast.

Lots about here nowadays with bodged plates on sills, rare to see a real tidy one but they must still exist??

I have to say I'm coming round to them, slowly.

When they first came out they were so ubiquitous with the North London middle class double buggy brigade that I instinctively hated them. I didn't get them, either.

But now that they're more likely to be filled with a Polish builder's tools and/or rubbish (perfect for sneaking past the tip nazis) they're starting to make sense to me.

I think the confusing thing is that on the outside they just look a daft shape. Looking at pictures of the inside I see that they've done magic to make them tardis-like.

You're right - they're an embarrassingly round shape. Inside they're oddly airy - you sit up high with low window sills and this one has a huge 3/4 length glass sunroof. No privacy and other drivers can easily see my newly acquired string-backed driving gloves and diamond-patterned jumper.

I had my own business valeting and detailing a good few years ago, this shape of Picasso were IMO the best they did, lot more robust internally than a Scenic and a lot better to drive than the awful Zafira. Had a 90bhp HDI as a runabout for 6 months and found it surprisingly supple and refined, if not especially fast.

Lots about here nowadays with bodged plates on sills, rare to see a real tidy one but they must still exist??

This one must be one of the cleanest - on the MOT history check it's passed every time without any advisories. Getting the cambelt done on Weds as a precaution. Clutch bites high (but doesn't slip) so not sure if that's bad as some Citroen folk have said they all do that.

I found one amandoned in a car park on our estate earlier. Their fucking ugly close up aren't they!

Bet their comfy inside though...

You're right on both counts - ugly and comfy. Slightly odd driving position - bit like a bus - but my body has adapted well to the hunched monkey posture.

Am actually looking forward to our annual pilgrimage back home to the IOW this summer. It seems like an ideal road-trip car - cavernous boot for boogie-boards and crabbing buckets, plus loads of space for our two grubby toerags on the back seats. And the massive sunroof to observe the rain while we wait to board the ferry.

I regularly think about Legacys, I do like a Subaru. Our Picasso goes in for an MOT on next wednesday so we'll see how long this one stays with us then!

Loved the huge boot on my Legacy estate - had many a long bookcase or wardrobe from Ikea in there. Or two mountaiin bikes at once.Great ride too - just soaked up the bumps. Flawless in the snow with Goodyear Vector 4 Season tyres.