Small ‘Project’/Car Wanted...please...

Wingz123

I am after a car preferably smallish for ease of storing (I have a garage that was made for cars back when they were all very small) - just after something I can play about with...

Nothing too rusty please

Don’t have much to spend but am after something like a K10 Micra or something of equivalent size...

What have you got...?

Thank you,

Diesel, below 50000 miles, owned since 2010, cam belt and kit, water pump,  discs and pads, starter motor all replaced with o.e. spec parts in the last four years, 

Runs and drives, tidy interior, two keys.

Cat C marker when I bought it, rear end shunt, which I had jigged back into place.

Various dents and scratches, tow bar not included.

Totally reliable, 55 mpg local, 75 distance.

Will need some welding for a mot, all of which is easily accessible i.e inner sills.

Location Hednesford, Staffs.

£300 firm.

post-17297-0-27578000-1551957353_thumb.jpg

post-17297-0-32986900-1551957388_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have my 1993 Fiat Uno 1.1 which I've yet to start on. An alas it is firmly at the back of the que, in regards to being fixed up just at the minute.

post-21523-0-62718900-1551992957_thumb.jpg

As it needs some work for the Mot, and the heater fixing as it only works sometimes when it feels like it!!

So I've got a brand new genuine Fiat heater resistor, and a fan for the heater which I had to get from Italy. Also throttle cables stretched a bit, or is sticking. Have a brand new genuine Fiat one though, which I will pass on.

For the Mot it needs the rear turrets welding, two front brake hoses and a front subframe. I have 2x brake hoses, rear turret repair panels, and a brand new subframe which has now been powder coated. The tester did say the headlights were incorrectly adjusted, and the cv boot clip insecure. However he said he'd adjusted the lights, and the cv boot looked alright to me so maybe they did that as well.

Rear wheel arches, sills and doors are rot free which is amazing!! Interior is good, no rips or tears, electric windows an a Grundig radio.

Got a wad of history, receipts and books along with two keys. There was one lady owner from new, until I bought it. I did get a brand new clutch fitted, when I first bought the car as the original was shot!!

Not sure how much, but if it's going to a good home I might consider an offer. As it'll probably sit another 12 months if I'm honest which is a shame, car is stored not far off J9 of the M42.

post-21523-0-14835500-1551994225_thumb.jpg

post-21523-0-63291400-1551994279_thumb.jpg

post-21523-0-65658600-1551994315_thumb.jpg

post-21523-0-01100600-1551994346_thumb.jpg

post-21523-0-86733900-1551994375_thumb.jpg

post-21523-0-14653700-1551994408_thumb.jpg

Ford Ka will be available for scrap monies (£100) pretty soon. Needs tiny patch on sill..and strut mounts are shot. As a project its a decent base for a 1.7 puma engine... would make a nice wee sleeper

Any mot on it? I'm looking for something cheap with a short test for doing a one way trip up to the north of Scotland to collect a car where I can just dump the car I've driven up in and return in my new chod.

Any mot on it? I'm looking for something cheap with a short test for doing a one way trip up to the north of Scotland to collect a car where I can just dump the car I've driven up in and return in my new chod.

Its tested til 4th may. Any idea when ur heading up? I need to wait on my new chod becoming available before i get shot of this as im using it for work

• 2 weeks later...

What kinda problem?

It died on me all of a sudden after driving faultlessly all morning. The instruments started to flicker and the radio went off. I pulled over to check and it wouldnt start again. Connected jump leads and all was fine again. I put a plug in voltage meter into cig socket and every now and then the voltage reading drops from 13.8 down to about 11.0 so i suspect the alternator is on the road out. Thought it best to let you know since you had shown interest previously

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

What kinda problem?

It died on me all of a sudden after driving faultlessly all morning. The instruments started to flicker and the radio went off. I pulled over to check and it wouldnt start again. Connected jump leads and all was fine again. I put a plug in voltage meter into cig socket and every now and then the voltage reading drops from 13.8 down to about 11.0 so i suspect the alternator is on the road out. Thought it best to let you know since you had shown interest previously

I'd still take a chance on it.