GILLINGHAM, KENT - Any Shiters Nearby?

BorniteIdentity

Hello.

My attention has been drawn to a car sitting forlornly in Gillingham, Kent.  I was tagged in it on Facebook just this morning.

post-19618-0-25355000-1551880291_thumb.jpg

Regular readers to my 'memoirs' will remember me buying this car back in 2016 and, quite stupidly, selling it in order to buy a Volvo 300 series.

Judging from what the guy said on FB, it looks like someone's given up on it.  "Bits hanging underneath the engine".  It also doesn't look like it's gone very far of late.

Could anyone local stick a note on it for me?  I'll play my trump card and tell you now that it's quite likely the oldest surviving Ford Sierra still 'on the road'.  It deserves a decent home.  

Now.  Maybe the guy who owns it is still running around in it and the geezer who photo'd it has got the wrong end of the wrong stick.  Maybe the owner is down on his luck and wants to get it fixed up.  Who knows.  But if we could get some dialogue going it'd be great.

Can anyone help?

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

I'll try and swing by but the area is a proper shit hole.

People have to live somewhere innit.

If you get a chance that'd be great, really I just want a proper note slung on it.  

I might email the guy (trader) I sold it to and see if he has any contact details for the fella.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, egg said:

Google images haven't dared* to go down there since 2018, but it was sitting on Devonshire Road then.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d59a84e6006f518b3bbfe6e928a2b5d1.PNG

Hahaha. I was in that area and took a detour along there this afternoon. No Sierra there anymore :( It's a dead-end street (no comments...) and I checked out the whole road. Also toddled up Burnt Oak Terrace and a few neighbouring roads, but no sign of it. It's mostly permit parking around there so not viable to keep non-runners on the street. Be nice to think it's still in a lock-up somewhere awaiting a new shiter to love it.