Beko's ZX 1.4 of Temptation - Fin.

beko1987

So, with the replacement due today, I got out and cleared the zx out. I removed my pioneer headunit, and unwired the mic and dab aerial, and fitted the cheap Chinese headunit the car came with, which apparently cost @bub2006 £13 whole quid

IMG_20200218_091128.thumb.jpg.26155208785f36246023fea761674d47.jpg

I then tested a miele I got working last night by thoroughly vacuuming the inside as it was minging

IMG_20200218_084135.thumb.jpg.1c0366cd6ddc4ee6df0a8ac68ea7e426.jpg

Miele didn't explode so ill call that a win, and the car is nice and tidy inside now! Outside can fro though, it's winter after all! 

1 hour ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I hope you're not selling it as you'd prefer a new owner to look after it better? Any car that I've ever given two hoots about has always ended up ruined or dead with a new owner. You have to assume the new owner will want to kill it...

We'll see...i aim to do the brakes at least! :) It's the same as any of the cars i buy...i don't abuse them as i drive like an old woman, check levels and so on, but once a repair goes past the £200 mark then i have to say adios :( i had hoped to buy a Almera the Shadow was working on but it's all gone quiet. What this has going for it is a very long MOT, good on fuel, had the cambelt done and good tyres...epic value for money in itself for someone like me on shite wages...

All it urgently needs is a set of discs and pads on the front, as you saw on the drive, light ginger braking shows the wobble, actual braking for stopping and it goes. 

I should have taken over and showed you what it can do when you know the road! You wind it up to speed then keep it there! I drove my commute in @Six-cylinder s xm earlier today and had to slow down way more than I do in the zx, it may stay flat but its still a barge compared to the hot hatch of the zx! 

@comfysofa consider it yours! Don't let me down or there'll be a roffle mind! You get the best set of car mats I've ever had too, the ones @ruffgeezer left in my silver laguna, as the xsara comes with a full genuine set of mats that I wasn't expecting! I dug the second key out too (the Chinese central locking kit @bub2006 fitted doesn't work anymore though do the plip is useless!)

And don't think of it as a banger, think of it as a good honest but fucking scruffy car! Stay on here and make a thread and we'll all help you out. I know it back to front and am not a million miles away so help can be arranged if needed for jobs. 

Plus @comfysofa don't forget that as your coming in March you'll need to tax it, as it'll be untaxed for a day or two by then. Also can you drive other cars 3rd party to get it home?

Dvla close the website on Sundays so I can send you the new keeper slip number and you can do it all online friday/Saturday if you want? Otherwise you'll be driving home untaxed

24 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Plus @comfysofa don't forget that as your coming in March you'll need to tax it, as it'll be untaxed for a day or two by then. Also can you drive other cars 3rd party to get it home?

Dvla close the website on Sundays so I can send you the new keeper slip number and you can do it all online friday/Saturday if you want? Otherwise you'll be driving home untaxed

@beko1987 I'll be swapping insurance from my current car on the 1st March, likewise taxing it before coming down on the train...i like to run as legit as poss as i don't like the idea of plod/DVLA hassle as learned my lesson from that many years ago... :( 

With regards the mats, feel free to keep them as i am quite enamored with the tough cheapies in my current steed :) 

Thinking of gloss blacking the trimless wheels-something i usually do with all the cars i get with poor/no wheeltrims as the cheap ones are largely useless and genuine ones extremely hard to find. Likewise filling the hole in the boot and replacing the indicator lenses at least!

13 hours ago, beko1987 said:

So, with the replacement due today, I got out and cleared the zx out. I removed my pioneer headunit, and unwired the mic and dab aerial, and fitted the cheap Chinese headunit the car came with, which apparently cost @bub2006 £13 whole quid

IMG_20200218_091128.thumb.jpg.26155208785f36246023fea761674d47.jpg

Those radios look good in the right place and sound ok with a 3 speaker setup!

IMG_20190517_112028 broad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:22 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Those radios look good in the right place and sound ok with a 3 speaker setup!

IMG_20190517_112028 broad.jpg

Gosh that really does look good! Cunning bit of seamless modern retro installation

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Well, @comfysofacame and drove the zx away!

IMG_20200301_161204.thumb.jpg.3fad0b7671483651a1d1baad3c9153f6.jpg

Been parked all week with the temp at 0-1 degree all week and she fired right up! 

Farewell faithful donkey, it's been fun! 

Finally all finished with it tonight! Period 90's Grundig radio cassette fitted and working a treat, locks lubed and hinges copper greased and a jolly good de-griming of the outside! :) Thanks for picking me up from the station! :)