Beating the Tip Nazis - Mobile Skip Required

Kiltox

Renault Espace with rear seats removed, saved me a fortune in skips also only got charged as a car on the Severn Bridge. Added bonus that it's probably easy to chop up and throw in the skip at the tip when you're finished withe it.

Same with the galaxy, massive with the seats out. The suspension can take at least 850kg of sand but sadly can’t squeeze a bull bag through the rear.

Impressive load haul. Swivel seats mean I can get 3m timber planks in too

Renault Espace with rear seats removed, saved me a fortune in skips also only got charged as a car on the Severn Bridge. Added bonus that it's probably easy to chop up and throw in the skip at the tip when you're finished withe it.

I’d be really keen on a scrap money espace mk4

If it's around here these days they will start giving you hassle if you turn up more than twice on one day in any car! They had a right royal moan when I took a trailer of tree clippings in.

Really doesn't surprise me that MK has a massive problem with fly tipping given how difficult they make it to legally get rid of rubbish.

Do Kia Sedonas sometimes fall into just above scrap territory anymore?

I'd imagine the carrying capacity is better than some vans with the seats taken out

.https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903015449153?price-to=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=la97et&model=SEDONA&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=distance&radius=100&make=KIA&page=1

Cheapest I could find within 100 miles but haven't dared to look on Gumtree.

They're a lot cheaper than that on eBay.

It’s always old faithful for me. Back seats out and a false floor replaced them.

The ‘load bed’ isn’t as long as my Mondeo, so that gets the cleaner jobs and/or things that will break. But the opening rear window on the Rexton is ideal for many other longer items.

I was at the tip yesterday with it, rammed with stuff. Rubble, glass, door, carpet and underlay, metal, wood, plastic, laminate, bits of old kitchen.

Although it did raise the comment “Can anyone smell fried eggs?” from one of the workers. Lol.

It will certainly earn its keep with me this year, as I renovate my house and garden, build a garage etc.

So yeah, that’s my vote.

post-7791-0-42284600-1551600435_thumb.jpeg

post-7791-0-19629100-1551600561_thumb.jpeg

Fill the broken Porsche up with rubbish and get it taken away by the scrap man?

Not as daft as it seems, a while ago I was at the tip and a friend pulled up  next to me in his 911 and unloaded some cardboard packaging into the skip. It is surprising how much cardboard you can get in a Porsche if you jump up and down on it to flatten it (the cardboard that is ;) )

They aren't really TNs at Carlisle, as on my last trip I was so disorganised, my 6x4 trailer wasn't empty, so I brought it over on the boat full. Then went to the tip when I got there. (Smoll trailer + furrin registered car = no problem)

The other time was 27,000 trips in this:

post-19900-0-22751300-1551605852_thumb.jpg

post-19900-0-79282300-1551605766_thumb.jpg

As you can see behind my bro, two of those round bins fit on the back seat and smoller quantity of stuff in the boot. They'll never suspect anything.

Don’t underestimate the practicality of the Boxster. I ripped out a bathroom when I had a Cayman as my daily driver and took it all to the tip in that - toilet pan in the front boot, cistern in the rear boot, acrylic bath on the roof rack (sorry, Roof Transport System).

It also took an entire bathroomsworth of new tiles, which had it riding on the bump stops. The look on the guys’ faces when I pulled up at the warehouse goods outwards bay was something to see.

Perhaps we need to change the title to (un)suitable vehicles for the tip run. Porsches are quite practical although I couldn't get many paving slabs in the back of the 928 as the back sloped a bit too much. I did use the MKVI (when it was going) for a few tips runs, the boot was very small, but it was quite spacious in the back and as the interior was already ruined it didn't matter.

It’s always old faithful for me. Back seats out and a false floor replaced them.

The ‘load bed’ isn’t as long as my Mondeo, so that gets the cleaner jobs and/or things that will break. But the opening rear window on the Rexton is ideal for many other longer items.

I was at the tip yesterday with it, rammed with stuff. Rubble, glass, door, carpet and underlay, metal, wood, plastic, laminate, bits of old kitchen.

Although it did raise the comment “Can anyone smell fried eggs?” from one of the workers. Lol.

It will certainly earn its keep with me this year, as I renovate my house and garden, build a garage etc.

So yeah, that’s my vote.

Is that 2.4m long plasterboard in a Mondeo estate?