Beating the Tip Nazis - Mobile Skip Required

Kiltox

Say you have a considerable amount of household rubbish to shift and need a suitable vehicle for doing so

Consider also that if your perfectly capacious MWB van was used, you’d end up on some kind of shit list with the council very quickly because the Tip Nazis are very hot on that kind of thing

What do you buy that qualifies as “AN CAR” but can shift a small nation?

I’d imagine a Volvo 940 is getting quite “OMG CLASSIC” for this purpose

Load space is the name of the game. Enough test and capable of forward motion for long enough to complete the task.

Do Kia Sedonas sometimes fall into just above scrap territory anymore?

I'd imagine the carrying capacity is better than some vans with the seats taken out

.https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903015449153?price-to=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=la97et&model=SEDONA&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=distance&radius=100&make=KIA&page=1

Cheapest I could find within 100 miles but haven't dared to look on Gumtree.

+1 for Berlingo Multispace / Partner Tepee.

You can get a fucked-but-still-running multispace for buttons, especially if pez, and it "looks" like a car (windows all round) so doesn't trigger the tip nazis. With the seats folded back (or removed entirely) it holds as much shit as the van version. Taller than an estate so much easier to load.

Still miss mine.

BMW 3 series touring. You can fit 21 meters of turf comfortably in it or 22 lengths of 2.4m 3x2 and shut the boot... And change gear... Or a locker unit of 10 lockers, a tea urn, a printer (in it's box) and bags of shit, shutting all doors and driving 70 miles. 

Edit, ooh and full sized floor boarding, close, but it goes! Need a spare sock tho to protect the corners from stabbing the dash.

Wait... Where can such a machine be obtained though???

+Another for Berlingo/Partner. My previous "ideal" vehicle for this was my Felicia Fun....except it wasn't...even with the Truckman top on it was refused entry for being a "commercial vehicle". I paid only £750 for my well-used Partner as it was too good to miss. It has the load capacity of a small shed (OK, it IS a small shed!) and qualifies as a private car. I bought it for practical purposes without expecting to like it. It's actually quite amusing to drive.

Berlingo or Kangoo absolutely ideal.

Are Roomsters shite yet? It looks like probably not, the cheapest ones on autotrader being £1300? If the rubbish isn't too filthy you could probably do OK buying a scabby Roomster, using it, then selling on - but that's probably not really what the OP intended.

The Roomster feels a lot more solid than the old Berlingo did but for some reason I've never really bonded with it, it's just a tool. Silly attitude as the Roomster has been faultless and bits were always falling off the Berlingo...

Around here you need a permit for any vehicle to use the local tip. It's because we're between Sheffield, Donny, Rotherham and West Yorkshire so if any of them are on strike or shut people just bob over the border and use the tips in the next council area (obviously, I haven't* done that).....