Dangel 504 4x4 Pickup parts required.

Scruffy Bodger

Sorry, only just seen I was quoted, as i tend not to get notifications, unless it's a private message.

Are you all sorted now ?

No probs, it was only a couple of hours ago. Nothing ordered as yet I'm sure but the more option the better I should think. I've said we need to check the other side too as if one has got that bad surely the other can't be far behind it?

• 1 year later...

Well, I may have sourced a tailgate for this and a couple of doors that are supposedly complete, all being good the plan is to pick them up on Tuesday. 

Still not sure on a plan with the hub, may build it up with weld and get someone to lathe the inner and outer face to at least mean we can get the bearing in and get it on a trailer. I'll email Ian Kirwood too to see if he can put me onto someone who knows a bit more about them.

46 minutes ago, Jenson Velcro said:

What an interesting vehicle. Tracking down parts must be an experience, and an adventure in its own right.I hope you are successful and keep updating with progress in hunting down the bits.

I managed to track down and collect a load of body panels yesterday. I've also been in touch with Ian Kirkwood but heard nothing back as yet.

Ok, bearing has arrived and someone we know has tickled the hub carrier in a lathe to tidy it up a bit. The plan is to move the truck at some point this week and assess it, hopefully on a ramp. The hub could still do with replacing really tho but should be ok for now.

I thought I'd located some bed sides but the bloke has got back to me, one side has gone AWOL and the other has a big rust hole in it. It'd be a long job replacing sections of it without distorting it so I'm trying to avoid that at the mo.

So if anyone knows of a bed anywhere I'd really appreciate it. TIA

The pickup has now been awoken from its slumber and has moved from its previous position! One of the rear wheels didn't want to turn but soon freed off after giving it a proper twatting with a large piece of wood. Low box seems to work in all gears as does the hi-box. It started after a couple of coughs and splutters and a can of something explosive sprayed down the inlet to get the fuel pumped up to it then sat there idling perfectly!

The hub has been fitted as a temporary measure. I may build it up with weld and have it put back in the lathe if we can't find a replacement. Ian Kirkwood sadly wasn't able to help and has suggested contacting Dangel directly instead. There seems to be some proper camber going on with the front wheels that I don't remember but I do think it looks the part :mrgreen:

These are fabulous. Never been in a Dangel but in 1995 I was on placement with L’Office National de la Chasse in the middle of a big forest.  Had the following to play with:

R4 Savane van (rear windows in steel, no rear seat

C25D high roof LWB with off road tyres

504 pickup (being LHD it had the column change) 

I did see a few Dangels around though and had lustful thoughts towards them.

20190318_162526.thumb.jpg.dda5dcf48f492e5f91b2776c93ea5ac9.jpg20190318_162626.thumb.jpg.c602f5018551cdd964379ab25389b4c6.jpg20190318_162700.thumb.jpg.3a1c454d05de073a02f9b251fe06d048.jpg20190318_164636.thumb.jpg.0d230b0c9e90648f5cfaa287b69b9074.jpg20190318_170308.thumb.jpg.6c7e3c44b2c8d679adddee9350cf2898.jpg

Pics as it sat the other day before it moving under its own steam. I'm contemplating making some side panels and welding them in to just below the highest crease. That is a fuck-tonne of welding tho that I'd rather not try and do. I'm weighing up buying an air powered Clarke joggler and punch tool at the mo if I can't find a half decent bed. Either that or try some of this https://www.frost.co.uk/cold-front-heat-stop-putty-paste-welding-brazing-soldering-14oz-414ml/ or buy both. 

2 hours ago, Spurious said:

Can't help with anything useful but I've never seen one of those before. Or even heard of Danglel , amazing. 

As far as I'm aware it's maybe one of only a couple that were ever imported, maybe the only one which is why I've been keeping a bit of an eye on it for years to make sure it didn't get weighed in. https://www.dangel.com/en/dangel-0 are still very much alive and kicking. I don't know much about it either. I had a quick look the other day and it looks like there are two solenoids under the bonnet with vacuum pipes running to them, there's also a button on the dash, so I'm wondering if this thing has locking front and rear diffs? It should be really quite capable off road if it does! The bash plates on front and rear diffs look standard so this thing is definitely built to perform.