Nissan Figaro - whaddywe know?

purplebargeken

The car they were based on ceased production in 1992, so parts beyond the service items might be difficult to get hold of. K10s have sort of disappeared from the roads in the last few years, so even stuff like engine bits and suspension etc might take a bit of hunting.

The Micra K10 was known for reliability and longevity and not much else, so the driving experience is pretty dull. A Figaro is a car to drive basking* in the admiring glances of all the onlookers.

If your other half just wants something retro, then a BMW Mini or New Beetle convertible or a Fiat 500 soft-top (semi roll-back fabric roof a bit like a 2CV) would be a better bet. The Mini/Beetle would probably not be much more expensive than a Figaro either, they’ve both been available since about 2005.

Obviously the true Autoshite answer to this question is to buy a Citroen Pluriel!

Gawd, now I hated the X-90 when it was new and still don't have any love for it.

I actually like the Figgy, so does Mrs PBK, however, the rust doom has tempered my desires quite a bloody lot.

The Pao is bloody brilliant! Really, really brilliant. She hates it. Obviously.

S Cargo is madly quirky. Who knows.

If I had the chance then that Mini with the sooperdoopercharger would be on my list of must have.

I like the Pluriel tbh but are they not the most misery laden things of ever re: reliability? I remember being in France when they were new and I thought, wow!