Sale: Possible Swaps? CPJ's New Saab 95 Sport - 1.9 TiD

cpjitservices

Hi all,

A quick Saab-Update!

Its still here & still going strong! Ive done around 1500k since I got it. 

It has required new disks and pads all round, and new handbrake! But that's all so far! General wear and tare!

Drives superb! and looks it since it had a full valet and treated.

:) still a very happy owner! & enjoying this marvellous car!

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Update: New rear tyres and full wheel alignment / tracking and balancing etc - straight & true now!

Got sick of both rear tyres going down over night despite new valves, have kept old tyres as they are about 4/5mm tread left so will keep as spares.

Apparently the tracking was way way out!

Still loving this car!

On 5/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, cpjitservices said:

Its still here & still going strong! Ive done around 1500k since I got it. 

It has required new disks and pads all round, and new handbrake! But that's all so far! General wear and tare!

Fuck me that's some good going! 1,500,000 miles must put it at the highest mileage 9-5 around!

15 hours ago, ChampionRabbit said:

That's fabulous.

I always wanted a Saab as a teenager, and feel like now is about the last chance to have one. 

I absolutely love the slightly chunkified look of this era; I might have to have a think about one. I wish there was a hatchback option around 2005...

Hatchbacks? they are for Wimps! Estate for the win ;)

Plenty of these on ebay, fairly cheap too!  I keep wondering if I could rpelace this next year - but I cant think what with... A Volvo V70 perhaps? Too common! Dont see many of these about! And this one goes!  - 1.9 TiD Fiat engine! 

THe boot on these are massive, I use mine for my business - it carries ladders, boxes of cable, toolboxes etc all of the time and just gets on with it.

Oh dear we have had an issue today!

Fuel filter split causing me to lose 3 quarters of a tank of diesel!

New filter fitted, and Viola. Shes back into action! Not too bad at about 5,000 miles of good behavior!

On the plus side....

I got to borrow this - I had important meeting to attend (yes, It is for sale)

What A Joy to drive, I do miss my S type! (this is 2.7 Pre-DPF Diesel BTW)

stype.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmm

Im thinking of changing this.

Nothing wrong with it, best car I've had - but I fancy a change!

I really want to go back to an Auto. MOT is due on the Saab on 22nd of Sept to whic Ill be putting it through.

I fancy a Volvo V70 Auto or an Passatt/Audi C5 A6 Estate in Automatic format ideally and on the devils juice! 

Anyone fancy a swap? 

Info: Saab 95 TID Sport Estate - VE06HXM

Belts where done at 117K (2017), Car has just ticked over 137k

Remap has been done (no info but it goes like stink, very addictive 2nd and 3rd gear) 1.9 TiD Sport 

Good on diesel

Cruise Works perfect

New Disks and Pads all round - brakes are as sharp as youll ever need them to be

New tyres all round (All weathers on the front)

4 wheel alignment done with new Track rods etc

2 Keys

Premium Stereo (9 speaker system) 

Full Service at 130K all filters replaced.

EML light is on - Due to fuel leak (Old filter split), a non electronic Fuel Filter was fitted putting on EML (Water in fuel code) does not affect car in anyway - original filter had the connector snapped off. 

Needs reluctor ring fitting on Passenger side - ABS Fault comes on at 40 MPH - cheap part, around £20 or so - have not had time to sort this one out

Bumper needs sorting on both sides - I suspect another garage has serviced the car at somepoint and lost/broken off the clips - bumper needs to come off for air filter.

If you want up to date photos let me know but there are some in this thread, if you want to know more - please PM me.

Car drives very well and is rapid - plenty of power to get you into and out of trouble!

In no mad rush, just fancy a change - can wait until after MOT if preferred though what ever it needs it will get to get it through MOT.

Thanks