Dollywobbler's Dodgy Mazda 323F PAS Woes - £provisionally sold

dollywobbler

Just watched  your latest video. I too have a Hollandia sun roof. It has drainage tubes. The only way to confirm is to open it :shock:

http://autoshite.com/topic/34678-dollywobblers-dodgy-mazda-323f/?p=1764741

what model number is it?

Hollandia is now part of Webasto or the other way around.

Just watched the video too - I have the HBOL for this (not one of their better efforts - as it covers all 323 models from 89 to 98), so if you want any particular bits sent (e.g. ICV etc) let me know.

I've no complaints. No leaks (it hasn't rained), hot idle where it should be and I got home with the minimum of bother.

I did try a high speed run at one stage, having found a handy private test track. The steering started to shake so badly at a sat nav 93 that I soon slowed down again...

Oh and the seats are not great when you already had backache at the start of the journey! I was made a ridiculous offer for a future vehicle today though, so the Mazda might find itself soon needing to be gone...

I've no complaints. No leaks (it hasn't rained), hot idle where it should be and I got home with the minimum of bother.

I did try a high speed run at one stage, having found a handy private test track. The steering started to shake so badly at a sat nav 93 that I soon slowed down again...

Oh and the seats are not great when you already had backache at the start of the journey! I was made a ridiculous offer for a future vehicle today though, so the Mazda might find itself soon needing to be gone...

How much do you want for it? :-D

A fix is using copper plumbing pipe like I did on the mx5

^^ I was just about to suggest this. The pipe at the start of that loop looks in pretty good nick. That cooling loop isn't really going to be a massive necessity in UK weather and I wouldn't bother going to make it the same length. Just cut the pipe short, 2 right angle fittings and a short bit of pipe to connect the two together. Hopefully the pipe is a standard diameter.

Edit: Links above suggest 12mm diameter. Its apparently its the low pressure side anyway (makes sense if cooling), so pressures won't be massively high. Do you have any pipe or fittings left from when you did your bathroom?

That's fair, but at least you probably can get away without jacking it up. Hell if you don't care too much, you could just cut the plastic grill off with a saw. Then if you cba, glue it back on with a bit of Tigerseal or similar. It'll be quicker fixing that than procuring and spending a day collecting something else! Also the sunsets later now...

You could patch it up with a length of suitable hose (1/2 inch heater pipe ?) and a couple of jubilee clips.

Quite a common breakdown when i was an orange van man.

^^ In-fact that probably an even easier and quicker way to do it - especially if you just cut the plastic grille off the front of the car with a pair of side snips. I'm sure you must have some old heater/fuel/etc pipe and jubliee clips hanging around in the garage?

It would be a very satisfying repair to do! Especially if the next trip otherwise would be the scrapyard.

That's fair, but at least you probably can get away without jacking it up. Hell if you don't care too much, you could just cut the plastic grill off with a saw. Then if you cba, glue it back on with a bit of Tigerseal or similar. It'll be quicker fixing that than procuring and spending a day collecting something else! Also the sunsets later now...

Out tonight, off to collect a new car tomorrow! (already arranged, not a response). Maybe next week I'll feel like deploying a bodge solution. Chopping the grille off is a great idea.