Dollywobbler's Dodgy Mazda 323F PAS Woes - £provisionally sold

dollywobbler

Ooo... a Mazda 323F. Such an interesting mental leap from the Skoda. From "boxy with bags of statement" to "swooping curves and I just want to get there".

That era of Mazdas were very well made. There are many on sale here around here still, and lots of older ones, too. From an era when Mazdas didn't turn to rust in a couple of years. The FIL actually has an old Mazda E2200 pickup from 1985 or thereabouts for use around the farm, and it refuses to die. I had to do the brake lines and clutch lines a few months ago, though (that clutch cylinder was a pig to bleed!).

During the end of the 80's, which was a beautiful era in many ways, the Finnish importer of Mazdas had this mascot figure -- a cartoon figure of a stereotypical Japanese bloke, who would appear in small window decals and other promotional products saying "Masta" (like most Finns would pronounce the name of the brand).

After a bit of googling I found an old keyring for sale with the figure (and shall shamelessly borrow the picture for this post). They should really bring him back to help promote sales:

post-26677-0-24201100-1551368356_thumb.jpg

Though I suggested getting some scrapper doors for the passenger side (in different colours obviously) on the Tube, I think it would be far more entertaining to see you give a masterclass in the use of body filler, and rattle can.

Surly need more that a bit of pog? There is a gash similar to that in the titanic.

Indeed, could be worse. Here's an analogue look.

D0gVL2aXQAI3Ild.jpg

I've left it with them. I'm not pissing about with coil springs, and they might as well do the minor stuff while they're at it. Headlamp bulb already replaced - I didn't even do a simple bulb check, though I thought the lamps were alright driving home the other night...

Hmm...you replaced a pretty decent and sorted Favorit with THAT!! I'll give you top marks for unpredictability though. I'm struggling to find the love at the moment, but then I'm totally biased. I shall of course stay tuned to be convinced otherwise, and wish you all the best with it nevertheless.

I remember when i was at school in the late 90's, there things seemed to be everywhere, haven't seen one in the metal for at least 5 years. They don't do it for me at all, but i can respect the fact they at least try to do things a bit differently to the norm.

Not bad fails. The LH rear shock was leaking on mine, so a complete s/h rear strut was purchased and fitted. Garage charged 2hours to change it. Much cheaper than replacing any parts !

EDIT… Found a photo

attachicon.gifmmmm.jpg

I assume yours is the same ?

2hrs to change an old strut for a new fully assembled strut?

Wonder how many cups of tea they had in between taking off the old one and fitting the new one to pad that out.....

£286 later, it's back.

D0-TrjxWwAAo5I6.jpg

That would still make it a £500 if I hadn't scooped up some parts from a friendly Autoshiter yesterday. Gosh, it feels nice to drive after a big trip in the Matiz! Sunroof is leaking very well though...

I'm glad I farmed the jobs out. It was a sod to work on, accounting for much knuckle skin and bending a four-foot breaker bar attempting to free off a hub nut (fitting). Tracking has been done, so it now handles even more sweetly. I look forward to putting more miles on it. And taping the sunroof up if it can stop raining for a few sodding minutes...