Knew it had rust and MOT is approaching which Focus'ed my

billy_bunter

Remember you’ll still need to be able to steer it though or at least it be in a position to be pushed in a straight line onto the beaver tail.

I don’t know if you’ve stripped cars before but I find it’s easier to chop straight through the loom then undo the connectors once the unit is off the car.

Has the focus gone to the breakers yet, if not colour and what model and is the front bumper any good. Also whereabouts are you. If front bumper is goodish any chance of pictures. Cheers

It has not. Just North of Bristol. Look at the first post pictures for car details. Bumper is in one piece and one colour. Though I suspect it will not be if I take it off the car.

The sound deadening thing is an example of built-in obsolescence.  The material works well as sound insulation and looks better than dusty mud in the arches, particularly with the occasional squirt of a hosepipe when washing.

However, it also holds the damp against the metal and the engineers knew exactly what they were doing in the development stage.

FMC are masters of marketing and making their cars last just the right amount of time before (most) people call it a day and buy a new one.