Most obscure car you’ve owned?

Peter C

To be fair my old Brown Vauxhall Nova SR is the only Brown SR the club are aware of... which makes it kinda obscure. Damn I wish I’d never got rid of that car!!

I also got offered a Hyundai S Coupe (the 90s one) back in the mid 2000s when my Grandad gave up driving. Sadly I never got told of this offer by my parents who assumed (wrongly) that I wouldn’t be interested!!!

So that’s an obscure car I nearly owned...

djimbob has had some boggling chod over the years. I'm sure he's had a few worth posting here!

I wish I'd taken photos of them all, will have a dig around see what i can find since we moved house, had quite a few of the one's on display here, well the less expensive examples anyway :-P

very enjoyable thread this :-D

Ginetta G26.  Normally Pinto powered.  Mine had a Cologne 2.9 V6 and autobox, the conversion by the previous owner to prove that it was possible. Apart from underdamped front end, insufficient ground clearance, no speedo, roughest V6 I've ever experienced (due to heath robinson mounting), an ECU which randomly decided that 2000rpm idle speed was a good idea and the ability to wreck brand new batteries because of the electronic warfare going on under the bonnet it was fine.  I used it occasionally for the commute to work in 2007 when it could be persuaded to run for a whole week. 

post-18170-0-49983100-1551558908_thumb.jpg

To be fair my old Brown Vauxhall Nova SR is the only Brown SR the club are aware of... which makes it kinda obscure. Damn I wish I’d never got rid of that car!!

I also got offered a Hyundai S Coupe (the 90s one) back in the mid 2000s when my Grandad gave up driving. Sadly I never got told of this offer by my parents who assumed (wrongly) that I wouldn’t be interested!!!

So that’s an obscure car I nearly owned...

My Capri is Imperial Red and the only one left as far as I can tell. The weird thing is that metallic paint was an option on an L and for another £5 they could have had a GL with metallic paint as standard and other extras as well. It seems it was a dealer car as was registered to them first. So sat in a showroom for a while?

I had a Y10 Touring, and a BX14 Preview, each had really weird specs, but looked pretty much like any other.

(Nicked internet pic:)

post-1381-0-40202000-1551565035_thumb.jpg

Swift 1.6 GLX 4x4 saloon.

It had the Vitara/Baleno engine and the same AWD system was later used in late 90's Justys.

My latest purchase:

post-1381-0-29988600-1551565269_thumb.jpg

Ford Aspire, which is mostly Kia and Mazda. 

http://autoshite.com/topic/111-oriental-offerings-reincarnated/?p=1707951