Hammond Microcar collection

egg

ah cool! glad to know she enjoyed our visiting :)

wish I had something to add to the RUMcar list, sadly I dont own anything myself, well not yet anyway :)

shame im not local, id love to have a bash at getting that Model 57 back on the road! and tinker with the rest of the fleet :)

im happy to hear that they are willing to allow people to help out etc its very cool to hear.

Just now, Christine said:

I'm donating my giant NGK spark plug mobile.... The local car shop closed down and the guy gave it to me. I also have a Castrol oil pavement 0pen & closed sign.... Perhaps she,d like that too ! 

mobile as in a thing you use to keep babies entertained, or a giant fibreglass spark plug mounted to the chassis of a reliant robin? :mrgreen: 

11 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Hmm.  I wonder if the Innocenti would pass muster as a microcar.

The general definition of microcars as economy vehicles with either three or four wheels, powered by petrol engines of no more than 700cc or battery electric propulsion, and manufactured since 1945 was adopted, but this can be varied if justified by vehicle interest.

http://www.rumcars.org/a-about.html

4 hours ago, egg said:

The general definition of microcars as economy vehicles with either three or four wheels, powered by petrol engines of no more than 700cc or battery electric propulsion, and manufactured since 1945 was adopted, but this can be varied if justified by vehicle interest.

By that definition my 602cc 2CV passes as a microcar! 

Looks like an awesome place to visit! I’ll have to make the pilgrimage one day. 

BTW, the Hammond Collection Facebook page has got a few pics of the visit of auto'beige' ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/The-Hammond-Collection-227411790969714/

Today we had a group of visitors from the Auto"beige" forum and what an interesting & interested group of people they proved to be. As soon as they spotted the Milford Road Sweeper, it was clear we had something in common! Good fun thank you for coming to see us

60339769_806261203084767_382482191357889

60030426_806261409751413_605591380873445

60246187_806261586418062_245688626300583

60313839_806261486418072_653566284969856

60059197_806261543084733_537729591926587

Also

60066204_806160743094813_834894228480432

9 hours ago, Joey spud said:

This place is only 40 mins from my gaff so i would like to get involved.

8 hours ago, RobT said:

Likewise, count me in for the June spanner session.  Hopefully it doesn't clash with anything.

OK chaps, I'll call Jean a bit later in the week to let her know.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, egg said:

Well the Innocenti meets that definition.  I wasn't sure whether it would be looked down upon for having too many seats / gears / cylinders.

Edit: I really must get my arse in gear and get it back on the road.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • egg changed the title to Hammond Microcar collection

really sad to hear of her passing! I will always have deep gratitude towards Jean, as she specifically went out of her way to get my details and get the details of a chap who she knew had 2 invacars he wanted to sell, and well as you say the rest is history! 

and she was also very kind, and stayed with me after my disabilities got the better of me, and I had to sit down and leave the main group behind

• 2 months later...

I have just checked their website which says the Museum in now closed and the collection sold. 

A great shame that I missed it when it was open, I was hoping to take a visitor from Switzerland who has some sort of small electric vehicle which he has been updating the controls on. I'm not sure what he has got, we were in a noisy restaurant at the time and my hearing aids were having trouble coping with the background noise. Not helped by my zero knowledge of Swiss-German and his limited knowledge of English.