Lazy Boy Garage

DaveDorson

It's a rubbish "business", though, sometimes selling at a loss. Who are they kidding?

I recon if they had advertised them they would have sold for more but holding an auction with a dozen people isn't going to make them money.

What's the paint job like as it looked pretty dull on the program.

What a dangerous fucking heap.Told the new owner they  ran out of time to do all the failures for a retest in November . Didn't do a thing, the brake pipe is still pissing fluid out, a bottom balljoint is hanging off.The bonnet doesn't shut (I've had to tie it down due to the wind) and they got the wiring loom the wrong side of the bonnet hinges so it chafes every time you open the bonnet.There are levers on the headlights to change the beam only these levers are behind the grill not in the slots so the grill they fitted has got to come off to retreive the levers.Don't know if they've had the dash out but when you turn the steering the dash jumps .Half the lights don't work.The failure list went onto two pages..As for the paint job erm looks like it was applied with a vacuum cleaner on blow in the dark using a phone torch to see.

What a dangerous fucking heap.Told the new owner they  ran out of time to do all the failures for a retest in November . Didn't do a thing, the brake pipe is still pissing fluid out, a bottom balljoint is hanging off.The bonnet doesn't shut (I've had to tie it down due to the wind) and they got the wiring loom the wrong side of the bonnet hinges so it chafes every time you open the bonnet.There are levers on the headlights to change the beam only these levers are behind the grill not in the slots so the grill they fitted has got to come off to retreive the levers.Don't know if they've had the dash out but when you turn the steering the dash jumps .Half the lights don't work.The failure list went onto two pages..As for the paint job erm looks like it was applied with a vacuum cleaner on blow in the dark using a phone torch to see.

I have to admit, I didn't think a lot of the paint when I saw it at Ross's place.

Shocking that it's *that* bad everywhere else though :(

Wonder if any get sold with an MOT.I was particularly suspicious of the classic Range Rover needing so little welding.Everyone knows they rot like a bastard and i'd be amazed if it didn't need all four inner arches and sills.As said,the business model is laughable making a huge loss on most of them.The fact that they're mostly LHD might explain that.

What a dangerous fucking heap.Told the new owner they ran out of time to do all the failures for a retest in November . Didn't do a thing, the brake pipe is still pissing fluid out, a bottom balljoint is hanging off.The bonnet doesn't shut (I've had to tie it down due to the wind) and they got the wiring loom the wrong side of the bonnet hinges so it chafes every time you open the bonnet.There are levers on the headlights to change the beam only these levers are behind the grill not in the slots so the grill they fitted has got to come off to retreive the levers.Don't know if they've had the dash out but when you turn the steering the dash jumps .Half the lights don't work.The failure list went onto two pages..As for the paint job erm looks like it was applied with a vacuum cleaner on blow in the dark using a phone torch to see.

To be fair, I was wondering why in the two episodes I saw they made a loss on each...

Now I know.

God yes, the constant summary of events is extremely irritating.

Yes, isn't it!

It seems to be getting fashionable with many programmes now, it originates from TV in the USA where they feel the need to pander to those who clearly have a very short attention span. 

Just watched the Taunus episode. What a smashing car, yes it needs sorting but a bargain for under a grand. 

They seem monumentally unable to make a profit on what they are churning out so far, they really need to sign up to this place. Infact, where the fuck are they based, I'll be there for the next 'auction'. 

^^ Great Casterton near Stamford. Filmed last year.

The R4 van was put in for mot in November. I am slowly sorting their bodges on it.The brake fluid leak was down to the pipe  being only finger tight. The none working lights were down to the chaffed wiring the wrong side of the bonnet hinge.The hingepin itself is a bolt that is too loose in the hinge which is why the bonnet doesn't shut properly.It will be a nice van when it's done though.

I watched this last night and it said on the credits ‘thanks to KGF Classic cars’ aren’t they the bell ends that write all the bumf in their ads about their cars being investments?

They're a local place to where Tim is set up.

So they called them in for a bit of help with the Taunus selling I guess.

I'll ask Tim/Jonny/Wookie when I see them next :).

But yes, KGF are white room price plus enthusiasts.

Caught a little bit of one episode, didn't think it was that bad. All reality programmes are a set up to some degree otherwise there would be nothing interesting for most of the programme.

I can just see people watching twenty minutes of someone looking for the spanner that they had in their hand only moments before. Then another twenty minutes struggling with a seized bolt before reaching for the angle grinder, followed by ten minutes of swearing and hopping about bleeding after the just put down angle grinder has not stopped spinning and cuts their thumb. Cut to grumpy sod chucking stuff everywhere before going in the house for a drink.

(If anyone wants to do a reality programme of me trying to work on a car that's what you will get, with added spaniels getting in the way and knocking things over).

I do note that this is now known as 'Lady Boy Garage'. Tom Ford did my box in when on 5th Gear, and in TG mag, he just has the whole 'gobshite' image, and wasn't it him who crashed a sooty van and busted his foot?

I can just see people watching twenty minutes of someone looking for the spanner that they had in their hand only moments before. Then another twenty minutes struggling with a seized bolt before reaching for the angle grinder, followed by ten minutes of swearing and hopping about bleeding after the just put down angle grinder has not stopped spinning and cuts their thumb. Cut to grumpy sod chucking stuff everywhere before going in the house for a drink.

(If anyone wants to do a reality programme of me trying to work on a car that's what you will get, with added spaniels getting in the way and knocking things over).

That’s just Hubnut isn’t it? And plenty of us watch and enjoy that....

Also just watched Hoovie and his M5, he hates it after sinking thousands in to it, and he hasn't sorted the 'impending doom' engine rebuild and Vanos oil pump swap which would be another $5,000. He really is the head of the 'More Money Than Brains' club, a title normally held by the man with the 46 inch chin, Jay Leno. I think Hoovie's daughter has more brains thasn he does LOL

I can just see people watching twenty minutes of struggling with a seized bolt before reaching for the angle grinder, followed by ten minutes of swearing and hopping about bleeding after the just put down angle grinder has not stopped spinning and cuts their thumb. Cut to grumpy sod chucking stuff everywhere before going in the house for a drink.

I'd prefer to watch that for half an hour, yes.