Changing the cars reg now the car is up for sale 2003 Jaaaag S type

Vince70

It's a 3.0 petrol automatic- must be if it's a 6-speed, petrol manuals were 5-speed. I'm gonna assume it's somewhere near Bexhill...

£450 is a ludicrous price, and I'm bitterly regretting having got myself into a situation where I really cannot acquire any more cars for the foreseeable.

Yes it’s an auto with the facelift interior and is in Bexhill-On-Sea.

My mother today decided to try and put the car up on the Friday ad site without any pictures for £550 but obviously with a shiters discount it’s £450.

My dad came home in the Jaag from the doctors and there was a guy waiting for him to buy the car and he asked what’s the lowest price as he had £375 so my dad told him in no uncertain terms that he wasn’t getting it for that and told him to do one so it’s still up for sale.

It might be staying in the Autoshite posse.

Its a real nice car but I put it up on Autotrader about an hour or so ago as I didn’t want my elderly father to have the aggro of selling it and I’m already losing the will to live in that short space of time.

I’m getting phonecalls from people that I can only get about 1 word in 20 from then it’s the what’s the lowest price brigade and also it needs to come with a full jaguar service history or can I pay in instalments and green shield stamps lol.

So at the moment I’m putting them off and hopefully it will stay in the fold but if it doesn’t then WBAC is starting to look promising lol.

Now I’ve started to realise why I just keep my cars .

It might be my imagination, but Jags in particular are a complete nightmare to sell on the open market. This is particularly true if it’s a nice one. They seem to attract dreamers. This was particularly the case with my now departed red XJR. Most of them wanted a free ride in a blower Jag. The other half were what I term “professional time wasters”. Once in a blue moon you get someone who is genuine and a deal is quickly done. That’s why I didn’t even attempt to sell the other XJR on the open market and it will be going to a buyer from this parish luckily. When selling I ignore all messages written in incomprehensible shorthand, “best price M8?”, how many owners and all that jazz. Those people are not out there to buy a car.

In my opinion the ideal way to go an buy a car is no. 1 know exactly what you want and have the money to achieve that vehicle. Once you find said vehicle call the owner and simply say this “Hi, I saw your car advertised, would it be possible to have a look at it at a time convenient for you?”. Go look at the car with the cash and if the car is roughly as expected then a bit of negotiation hopefully and do a deal.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought a car now and the seller saying they would rather sell to someone with a straightforward, no-nonsense attitude instead of an estate agent turning up wasting half an hour of your time with a story which turns out in aroundbout way to an offer usually in the region of 50 pence.

Well the car went today and I put the old girl on Autotrader for £550 and got inundated with phonecalls so the first viewing was by a lovely old boy about 90 called Fred and he drove up all the way from Gatwick and had Jaguars in his younger days.

We met him at the top of the road in his Citroen Picasso as he got lost and we jumped in his car and he pulled out straight in front of someone which wasn’t a good foreboding and then when he had a go in the Jaag he managed to clip the kerb 3 times then got out and opened the door into an oncoming car and it nearly lost the door lol

Well Fred wants to think about it over night and see how he feels in the morning but I doubt very much the car would make it back in one piece to his house lol.

So the next in line was a really nice young lad who loved the car and could throw it about and for the first time in years the sports mode switch was activated and although I feel sorry for Fred the guy offered £500 and off it went.

I will say it was worth that all day long as it was a really good rot free Stype and drives spot on and I’m sure he will enjoy it.

Hopefully he won’t hit to many speed cameras on the way home and now I’ve got to phone up Fred but I bet my old man is gutted as he just put £30 in the tank lol.

So my old man will have to slum it and use the mini with the wonky wipers and no heater or locking doors this week till he puts his A class back on the road.post-9282-0-23069000-1550944604_thumb.jpeg

Or I could let him use my E36 but I’m scared of anyone putting a scratch on that lol