Calling the AS Volvo Collective - V70 ABS fault

gadgetgricey

Interested in a 2002 V70, but has the frequent ABS issue, warning lights.

Current owner has replaced the ABS module with a part number matching (he assures me) one, but the warning light is still active.

Can find loads of guidance/vids on how to change the module, but very little (ie nothing) on how to change the ABS pump itself.

Is it just a remove, refit , bleed brakes and away, or is that too much of any over simplification.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Is the ABS substantially different from the previous shape V70? Me and a mate both had 97 models and both had issues with the ABS module circuit board solder joints giving up, plus the fly by wire sensor on the throttle getting dirty and throwing a fault that impacted on the ABS too.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I think it’s a similar system to the BMW mini as I saw a link somewhere on the mini II website and it actually showed the Volvo unit.

I hear over time that solder joints need resoldering it’s not supposed to be that bad a job.

Apparently it’s plug and play on the mini but you have to get an abs unit of the same year and same model car is rule of thumb.

The problem people were saying is it’s such a common fault that if you buy a secondhand unit the chances being it will have the same problem,

Mines the same at the moment and I’ve got too look into doing mine what’s putting me off is getting underneath on a cold wet day and bleeding the brakes afterwards.