2000 Freelander 1.8i Lincs £750

ruffgeezer

I know I know, but it has had a head gasket already, and a decent VCU fitted.

Current issues (save for the fact it's a fucking Freelander);

• Hiss from the servo when the brakes are not applied (replacement part with car, will fit if I get a chance)
  • Driver's seat base worn (good spare supplied)
  • Prop shaft bearings noisy.
  • Tailgate window is an idle bastard.
  • Gear selection occasionally a bit stiff; improved since I replaced the slave cylinder bracket.
Good points;
  • Both keys & remotes present
  • New rear diff torque mounting
  • C/locking now works on all doors
  • Reversing camera & decent CD player with aux in fitted

I've done several thousand miles since buying it and I really don't want to sell it to the stinky horse troll who keeps asking for it, if I wanted that much of a pain in the arse, I'd poke a concrete bollard up my bumhole.

I think it has 3 months MOT left, but I'd be happy to get it retested early to aid sale.

Edit; shitty twilight pictures added.

post-2711-0-97939800-1550599772_thumb.jpgpost-2711-0-11474300-1550599824_thumb.jpg

post-2711-0-68931300-1550599845_thumb.jpgpost-2711-0-69482500-1550599857_thumb.jpgpost-2711-0-66015600-1550599869_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By omegod
      Edited to reflect a change of circumstance that sadly requires me to move this on to someone who will love it as much as me, I've had a very healthy dealer offer but I'm happy to offer it without the trade mark up that will then be attached to it  . Feel free to share with any enthusiasts you may know but please don't share to facearse etc.  It's the finest left in existence for sure and will go down a storm at shows etc. 
      My efforts of the last few months have come to fruition and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome  
      I'm a serial Omega botherer and some years ago I got a sniff of this 1996 Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 24v CDX manual that was no longer being used as it's only owner was no longer able to drive, sad circumstances meant it was stored unused for 5-6 years .  She was a non runner and in a neglected state by the time I was able to rescue it and  @worldofceriwas employed to bring her to me, excellent service and highly recommended! 
       When she arrived she was covered in the usual moss and grime and was still on the original 1996 tyres which were perished and barely held air.  Non running cause was found to be a completely ruined fuel system as the petrol in the tank had turned to a bright green mess that had dissolved all of the internal rubber pipes into a black sticky goo, I don't think I've ever smelt anything so toxic,  a thorough tank clean, new piping, sender unit refurbed , filter and new pump  and she burst back into life.   
      Further recommissioning work required was 4 x new Michelin tyres, Cambelt and waterpump kit , complete replacement exhaust system, service , wipers, alternator was refurbished with new internals, new battery and literally scores of hours of cleaning and gentle refurbishment . 
      The main dealer service history is incredible with 8 miles between services some years.  She walked her MOT and  now drives like a she has just rolled out of the showroom, unsurprisingly given she's only covered 17 k from new, the interior leather looks like it's just had the plastic removed at the dealers and the rear seats have allegedly never been sat in   

• By eddyramrod
      Copied over from Shite In Miniature...
      Note for future reference...  I've decided most of my Matchbox (-sized) cars can go.  It's a vast collection,   Most have been repainted at least once - by me, obviously.  My eyes and hand aren't good enough to do them again.  I've got way too many to list so ask if there's something you want and if I've got it, we can do a deal.  Most will be 50p each plus postage, so it'll make sense to build up a parcel.

I thought it best to do this, then I'm not clogging up the main thread.  This could well go on for months.
    • By 320touring
      After a fun* 30 mins phonecall to insure the latest purchase, I thought I'd cheer myself up by starting a collection thread a wee bitty early!

First clue.

I ain't had one of these before..
    • By ruffgeezer
      Ok I'm going to see if we've enough interest in the Autoshite Dealership stickers to run off another batch.

I will need to pre-sell a minimum of 120 before I will place another order, and I have contacted the company that made them to recheck the run price.

I am also considering a new design with the url in it, but done so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb (and I corrected the boobies for this run!):

Please state your interest by copying the following and adding your name below:

Eg:

Ruffgeezer: 1

• By Jim Bell
      Four Sail.

Autoshite Decals. Thats "stickers" in old money.

Medium Quality external vinyl. Will withstand prolonged mocking, and rain.

Gr5 for adorning your lap top lid, enamelled tea mug, tool box, prosthetic foot, bus shelter, expensive guitar flightcase or underpant drawer.

Pics*

*please note that the 50p pictured is intended to indicate scale and is not included in the purchase price.

If you would like to pay via another method, I am happy to discuss.
      Swaps, sex, real money, dares will all be considered.