Bucket seat id

sheffcortinacentre

Sheff can you post up some pics of the seat to show what style it is.

I don't remember that logo but the most common 70s era aftermarket seats were Corbeau, Huntmaster, Paddy Hopkirk, Moto-Lita, Billover, Contour, Cobra, Mountney (?), . . .

We may be able to find a pic of it in a period magazine ad.

What does the actual seat look like?

Maybe that logo badge was put on the seat by the accessories retailer, e.g. Ripspeed or Checkpoint or 'Bob's GT Seats' or 'Mini Whizzy Bits' or whoever.

Thanks for all the pointless replies been a big help.

Just a std black cloth high back bucket, single upper slot & one each side.

Been checking my library & must be as you say a one off rebadged job as can't find anything got a pair came out of a clubman SD1 rally car from the 80's stored around 20 years.

I'll get one Fri/sat.

If it's a more 'competition spec' seat design for rally cars rather than a cheapie boy-racer lookalike then that will narrow things down a bit too. There wasn't a massive choice around. General seat body shape and the position of the harness slots may nail it.

An old 70s or 80s ad from Cars & Car Conversions may have the answer, rather than a page from Street Machine.

The Rover sounds interesting.

I'm pretty sure it's not the Corbeau logo to narrow it down slightly.

Deffo not Corbeau, they had some kind of bird shape thing.   Surely one of us has a 1980s go-faster catalogue in the downstairs bog?!  I had a hunt through my John Brown Wheels adverts in CCC and the like but can't find that symbol.....

^ A quick google brought up this selection, but nothing from Cars & Car Conversions which was a mag more suited towards rallyists.

VaDIHkd.jpg

kMd6s9B.jpg

9F3zGld.jpg

Have to wait and see what the seat looks like.

Cobra did a 3-slot full-shell highback design in the 80s too but I don't have a pic.

A mate had a pair in a Chevette hatchback. Full harnesses, the lot, back seat removed, and the standard engine and box from a giffer's Mk4 Cortina 2 litre GL. Much piss was ripped in jest.

But at least he was safer. Chevette was quite quick and a good laugh to drive.

^ A quick google brought up this selection, but nothing from Cars & Car Conversions which was a mag more suited towards rallyists.

kMd6s9B.jpg

You see the Corbeaus in that? my dad had a GT8 Standard as the driver's seat & a GTA Executive Standard as the passenger seat in several Minis as I grew up. They made it into my Suzuki SJ in the late 90s but got so wet & disgusting they went rotten & got binned.

I should have kept them but lack of storage space meant I missed out on the chance.