Chod bought.

Springer

I was in need of emergency transport whilst the A6 Allroad goes off to have it's gearbox issues sorted out.

Been scanning Faceache (no-one seems to reply to enquiries there) and Bumtree over the weekend. Anything that came up seemed to be gone instantly. This morning and 06 Mondeo popped up. Phoned the vendor and arranged to see it after 5pm Tayne of this parish duly picked me up and we headed through Aberdeen's rush hour traffic.

The bad bit's. Only one key, rear light cluster could do with being replaced and the odd wee bleb. 164k on the clock

The good bits. A years ticket with advisories for brakes.....but a nice receipt stapled to it for the brakes being done. 2 owners from new and fsh with a folder full or receipts.

Money duly changed hands.

Fingers crossed it behaves for a wee while. Once the Audi is fixed I'll punt it on.

post-20825-0-99995600-1549914879_thumb.jpg

Ooooo life on the EDGE.

3 randoms please

Mmmm...you never know! Once I get the Allroad back I might just do a roffle, just for the hell of it! Although I'm a new 'shiter', I'm sure Tayne would assure anyone of my honest character.....we've only* been friends for 19 years, lol.

looks good, no alloys?

Nope. Nasty trimz.....lol.

I work for myself and needed something to get me about for a wee while. The cost of lost work far outweighs the outlay* on this car.

It looks decent from a distance and goes and that's all I need. It's not a bad old bus all things considered. Was back out having a bimble around it goes well, clutch is spot on and turbo kicks in well. Need to go through the history file but suspect both replaced not that far back.

Top tip, don’t fit shit fuel filters, they like either Delphi or Bosch and don’t forget to prime it first otherwise it’ll be a right bastard to start.

Make sure the turbo actuator hasn’t cooked itself, you can detach the rod and check for stiffness in the VNT, this usually manifests itself when you use the 10% overboost.

Check the inter cooler pipe that goes up to the EGR, has a habit of splitting on the inside, cue smoke and it running like shit.

Keep an eye on the back brakes getting hot, these things shit calipers for fun.

I can confirm that both Springer and the Mondeo exist.

He’s not a Nigerian prince, Russian troll, ex-Mossad black-operative or scummy man (isn’t he Mr Inconspicous).

I have known him for 19 years (you get less than that for murder in some countries) and do trust him to look after my cat when I’m away.

I’ve driven the Mondeo and can confirm that it engages at least three forward and one reverse gears.

As it was driven to my house last night I can also confirm that’s it’s good for journeys of 5 miles.

Cash in the usual place please Springer.