transplant modern engine into bedford CF

gigglepin

There ya go Gigglepin !  Chop up the roffle win  mighty Omega !   :-D  :-D

And fit a Triumph 6 banger in the Omega...

they're not having my omega...that'll be my passion wagon. soon...with it's velour interior...plus the lady didn't want an auto,,mind you she hasn't text me yet 

I'd rather suggest the Omega 2.6 or 3.2 engine as they are fly by wire, mostly, so would make for an easier transplant. The autobox is quite substantial but they are a piece of piss to convert to manual

How easy are they to get running on a cut down loom? I keep thinking one would make a good replacement for my pinto.

I have to say, being a fan of an auto box, that the thought of an Omega V6 and auto in a CF is very very appealing.

I literally threw this set up away when I had my last clear out as I couldn't even give it away

3.2 with it's autobox,prop and the cut down loom to run it all....came from a running car as the plan was to drop it all in a Manta

I literally threw this set up away when I had my last clear out as I couldn't even give it away

3.2 with it's autobox,prop and the cut down loom to run it all....came from a running car as the plan was to drop it all in a Manta

Damn if I just had a time machine....how much of the immobiliser system did you need to keep?

I was going to suggest BMW, since there is such an abundance of them that they are viable modernisation candidates not requiring any funny stuff to make them RWD compliant.

managed to talk to the owners of the cf , yesterday , put across some of the suggestions from here..the reply i got , at first . was how much, my answer was..can't tell yo untill you decide what engine ..ect ...then i finds out they've been told it's an early prototype. test  thing for the autobox..so i suggested it might be worth more to  CF enthusiast..as is so i'm going to look at it this week and get more info