Abandoned Car Sales

Stevebrookman

Took the dog out for a walk this morning and walked down a street for the first time in many years-it's only 5 mins away.

Found the old car sales garage on Thorncombe Road with the following rotting chod.

The Frontera was last put in (and failed) for an MOT in 2009 and the Volvo 2008-so must have been shut for nearly 10 years. The price on the Omega is £1295.

lUg0KmW.jpg

N5IwUWH.jpg

kYMNEMB.jpg

Qz9mPIZ.jpg

9jiQcIC.jpg

TvPdRqX.jpg

pYgwU5i.jpg

4qA0dsJ.jpg

zN2sWqX.jpg

4YPeTMF.jpg

Took the dog out for a walk this morning and walked down a street for the first time in many years-it's only 5 mins away.

Found the old car sales garage on Thorncombe Road with the following rotting chod.

The Frontera was last put in (and failed) for an MOT in 2009 and the Volvo 2008-so must have been shut for nearly 10 years. The price on the Omega is £1295.

lUg0KmW.jpg

N5IwUWH.jpg

kYMNEMB.jpg

Qz9mPIZ.jpg

9jiQcIC.jpg

TvPdRqX.jpg

pYgwU5i.jpg

4qA0dsJ.jpg

zN2sWqX.jpg

4YPeTMF.jpg

If Autoshite did sales pitches.............

The 850 comes up as a petrol 2.5 thankfully, so it isn't a T5, but still a decent one. Looks to have a boot spoiler and it's on Columbas so probably a GLT or something as someone's bothered to spec it up a bit. 190k on the clock which is sod all but it's going to need a load of PCV work if it ever moves again.

What interests me more is the 760 wagon...

I last posted on that over a year ago, and I think only the Rover and Cav remained. Vermin had stolen the Rover’s alloys, smashed a rear window and had visibly been dicking around inside. Utterly ruined now, I’d imagine?

I suspect so. I used to drive past occasionally when I lived in Burton & worked around Derbyshire so watched it deteriorate until about 2010.

That's tremendous, I love stuff like this. I hope they just get left alone though,it's a great timewarp. Rather that than some 'hero' digging them out, realising they are beyond any reasonable hope of being recomissioned and cue an ever-decreasing circulation on Gumtree before being parted out/fragged.

I’ll pop down in the week and try and get the reg number of the 760. Will also do a bit of digging to try and find whose garage it is.

These scoundrels will give you the information in exchange for 3 portraits of the queen.

This address

post-9424-0-60755500-1549835761_thumb.jpg

Or possibly more likely this.

post-9424-0-75269100-1549835772_thumb.jpg

Don't think much of the land registry site's map search; the scottish one gives the outline of the plot in the map search which removes most of the risk of spending money on the wrong thing.

I last posted on that over a year ago, and I think only the Rover and Cav remained. Vermin had stolen the Rover’s alloys, smashed a rear window and had visibly been dicking around inside. Utterly ruined now, I’d imagine?

As I was passing that way yesterday I stopped by and took a few pictures. There still 3 cars remaining at the site. Rover, Maestro, Cavalier.

Real shame about the Rover having it's wheels nicked. The bodywork looks pretty decent though as does the Maestro and Cavalier given how long they have stood. Cav and Rover either have a door glass smashed or wound down but the Maestro remains untouched.

post-3802-0-77376600-1550111510_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-51454800-1550111535_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-62250600-1550111579_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-87075300-1550111603_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-50967700-1550111625_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-60880200-1550111662_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-04242700-1550112149_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-65517000-1550112190_thumb.jpg

That's tremendous, I love stuff like this. I hope they just get left alone though,it's a great timewarp. Rather that than some 'hero' digging them out, realising they are beyond any reasonable hope of being recomissioned and cue an ever-decreasing circulation on Gumtree before being parted out/fragged.

Better they're saved than overgrown, look at the place in Swadlincote. Better someone tries to redeem them and fail, than they expire never to be used again. That's sadder, give them a chance at life.

The Swadlincote Cav and the 760 above both interest me.

edit: the Maestro and 800 are auto, and the Cav is BASE. If we make one last attempt at rescuing Swadlincote, count me in.

Can't believe they're still there. Wonder if they can be rescued.

I hope so I guess it depends on A, if the owner will sell them for a reasonable price. B, someone likes each Car enough to want to spend the money on them to do so.

Felt really sorry for these 3 cars seeing them again yesterday. I doubt they will last there too long now given the previous lowlife getting in and from looking at the general state of the building.

I'd like that Cav myself but just lacking the funds etc for the foreseeable. Annoying as my Dad only lives about 15 mins away so storage might not be a problem if I can clear some space.

Better they're saved than overgrown, look at the place in Swadlincote. Better someone tries to redeem them and fail, than they expire never to be used again. That's sadder, give them a chance at life.

The Swadlincote Cav and the 760 above both interest me.

edit: the Maestro and 800 are auto, and the Cav is BASE. If we make one last attempt at rescuing Swadlincote, count me in.

Get your hand in your pocket and get them bought then :)

That Cavalier looks well worth saving, been kept in the dry so the body will be solid, doesn’t look as if it’s been fucked about with. Mechanically they are a doddle to put right, guessing it’s a 1.6 Family 4 in it?

Problem is there’s a reason they’ve sat there forever, the guy probably wants a trillion quid for them. Worth one last stab to contact him and save the Cavalier and the Maestro. Rover might be best as spares.

Oh yeah definitely, it’s not going to be a case of a weekends work and it’s back on the road. But as projects go it looks viable, if that is you want a Cavalier or a Maestro. It’s better than some of the hopeless bags of shit you see on eBay.

I’d love a Cavalier if that era,but I’ve simply not got the time at the moment to give something like that what it needs.