eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Hillman banger station wagon

$_12.JPG

RECENTLY IMPORTED  FROM SUNNY MALTA

Doubtless in daily use there, which is a good thing. I wonder how the Maltese view old cars. Do they see them as cherished classics or just transport? I knew a woman from Malta and never asked her, drat.

Still, a reasonable enough price I suppose with some haggling, only thing that disappoints me is the 1500 engine, I thought Hunters got the 1725?

i dont speak french, can someone translate for me....... i cant tell.........is this a real f40  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

As a cunning linguist I can tell you it is a genuine F40 but the moteur has been uprated with 3 V8s one from a Corvette and two 400cu in engines from a Firebird and a Camaro , this obviously makes it faster than Audi A6 and 8s but not as fast as Mickey Mouses 924.

I am available as a translator for any Johnny Foreigner that needs shouting at in the spirit of lime Cordiale de une tante.

As a cunning linguist I can tell you it is a genuine F40 but the moteur has been uprated with 3 V8s one from a Corvette and two 400cu in engines from a Firebird and a Camaro , this obviously makes it faster than Audi A6 and 8s but not as fast as Mickey Mouses 924.

I am available as a translator for any Johnny Foreigner that needs shouting at in the spirit of lime Cordiale de une tante.

I translated it slightly differently

"Hello and welcome to my advert for something that looks a little bit like a child's F40 model that was in a house fire. It's got a great big engine but since you're surrounded by a mixture of expanding foam and rusty Czech metal, you'll be constantly shitting yourself as soon as you go above 15mph. Will swap for an actual factual 911, or another rucksack full of acid and crack"

That Cavalier is the one that is/was on Retro Rides and isn't far from here. I had to sort of crowbar myself off the keyboard when I saw it (on RR) as I'm determined this year will be the year I buy with my head, not my heart.