eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

8 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Surely they just mean that the first owner had it for 52 years, and it was taken to the UK in 1963 which was during those 52 years.

When I first read the ad I had to go back to that line, and came to the same conclusion as you - but it could have been worded better.

6 hours ago, brownnova said:

One for @LightBulbFun

IMG_3659.thumb.jpeg.d2007e74c9eb1668fd14eab74e08397a.jpeg

£1250 I think is  very stronge money especially with the description saying "recommend to be taken on truck"! not sure TX1's have quite started to go up in value just yet! 

and you can get a MOT'ed running driving TX4 for about £1000-£2000, London has a 12 year age limit on diesel cabs so plenty of 2011 ones ones on the market atm for example

even if it was a good price and working, sadly I just cant find anyone who will insure me on a black cab

I do wonder if could squeak an R or S reg TX1 onto a classic policy (over 25 years old) but I think most classic policies would baulk at the on street parking, and then there would be the challenge of finding an R or S reg TX1 thats not completely shagged

but I think an R Reg TX1 would be worth preserving mind, cant imagine theres many left at this point, I think Production Started in October 1997?

I appreciate the heads up tho :) 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1105040167130139/

Van just failed mot on emissions and a brake load sensing valve on the rear is seized( brakes work fine still). Van starts and drives. Have been using every day to and from work. 

Seeing if anyone wants the whole van now. Before I break it for parts. 

Engine as just been replaced from another van on 42k miles with proof. 

£800

405869564_3580923715569242_8465136331536

Not sure what's going on here, but it's either a Stoke based round of bukkake or (far more likely) someone telling their Touran to fuck off

image.thumb.png.33857d2cd5c7a4e70bcc72a67985975e.png

Volkswagen Touran running but spares and repairs | eBay

One of the best motoring related moments I've ever had was when Cartakeback came round and took mine away to be crushed.

3 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

£1250 I think is  very stronge money especially with the description saying "recommend to be taken on truck"! not sure TX1's have quite started to go up in value just yet! 

and you can get a MOT'ed running driving TX4 for about £1000-£2000, London has a 12 year age limit on diesel cabs so plenty of 2011 ones ones on the market atm for example

even if it was a good price and working, sadly I just cant find anyone who will insure me on a black cab

I do wonder if could squeak an R or S reg TX1 onto a classic policy (over 25 years old) but I think most classic policies would baulk at the on street parking, and then there would be the challenge of finding an R or S reg TX1 thats not completely shagged

but I think an R Reg TX1 would be worth preserving mind, cant imagine theres many left at this point, I think Production Started in October 1997?

I appreciate the heads up tho :) 

What were the squarer '80s futuristic' cabs called? I expect they've succumbed to eighties megatax now. I like them though. 

Super rare opportunity alert! 1991 Toyota Celsior, just a year older than mine. Despite not having been on the road for a decade this really deserves saving. It'll probably clean up much better than mine. In fact I already sent the seller a message before checking the vin. Unfortunately a different paint code or I would have bought it just to swap some bits over into mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1769116673549634/

Screenshot_2023-11-25-22-46-21-691_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

spacer.png

Possibly the most flowery language I've ever seen in a used car advert...

Vehicle description
A Cherished Piece of Family History Seeks a New Loving Home

In 1994, a gleaming Audi 2. 0 E Sport rolled into the life of my beloved grandmother, becoming a symbol of her independence, spirit, and love for the open road. For years, this trusty steed faithfully carried her through countless adventures, its engine humming in harmony with her vibrant spirit.

As time gently wove its tapestry, my grandmother's driving days drew to a close, and the Audi settled into a cherished role as the family's backup car. Despite its reduced use, it remained meticulously garaged and serviced, its sleek lines and understated elegance a constant reminder of the joy it had brought to our lives.

Over the past six years, the Audi has patiently awaited its next chapter, its once-familiar hum replaced by a quiet longing for the thrill of the open road. Being driven less than 2000 miles in the past twelve months, it yearns for a new adventure, a new heart to connect with.

Today, with a tinge of bittersweet emotion, we seek a loving home for this automotive gem. This Audi isn't just a car; it's a time capsule, a tangible piece of family history that whispers tales of my grandmother's zest for life.

We envision a buyer who appreciates the finer things in life, someone who understands the value of a well-maintained classic. Someone who will cherish the Audi's timeless elegance and treat it with the respect it deserves.

Accompanied by a fresh year's MOT, this Audi stands ready to embark on new journeys, to create fresh memories, and to bring joy to another family. It's time for a new chapter, a new adventure, and we invite you to be a part of it.

Vehicle History
Here are some reasons why buyers will love the Audi 2. 0 E Sport:

It is a well-maintained classic car with a rich history.
It has been garaged all its life and has always been serviced at the same place.
It has a low mileage of less than 2, 000 miles in the past 12 months.
It comes with a fresh year's MOT.
It is a timeless and elegant car that is sure to turn heads.
It is a reliable and practical car that is perfect for everyday use.
It is a unique car that is sure to appreciate in value over time.
I believe that it is a great value for the price, and I am confident that it will bring joy to its new owner.

What makes the Audi 2. 0 E Sport stand out from other cars is its combination of classic design, modern features, and reliability. It is a car that is sure to turn heads and impress everyone who sees it.

My favourite thing about it is its timeless elegance. It is a car that will never go out of style. I also love the way it drives. It is a smooth and comfortable ride that is perfect for long journeys. Whenever out in it, I get comments from passers-by. Even my similar age M3 doesn't get nearly as many comments!

I reckon he sat there in the dark and wanked himself off as he wrote that...

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Super rare opportunity alert! 1991 Toyota Celsior, just a year older than mine. Despite not having been on the road for a decade this really deserves saving. It'll probably clean up much better than mine. In fact I already sent the seller a message before checking the vin. Unfortunately a different paint code or I would have bought it just to swap some bits over into mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1769116673549634/

I have a spare set of the all-important Mk1 15" alloy wheels if anyone wants to take it on.

7 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Meanwhile, here's one for @Spottedlaureland @lesapandre!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1300071317345574/

For either of these, save them before the banger racers get them!

Screenshot_2023-11-25-22-49-16-817_com.facebook.katana-edit.jpg

My goodness, the days of buying knackered £25 Laurel C32s that could be got back on the road seem to be long gone. TBH, even if that particular one was £25 I still wouldn't buy it, because reasons.