eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 hours ago, doug said:

Just beat me to it Cort! Check out those minty wheel arches.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

The Mercedes mats and lack of wear on drivers seat are a good sign. 

The spoiler, missing jacking-point caps, possible dent in rear door and non-standard wheels may point to trouble...or not.

But not expensive and they are superb cars to own and drive.

The motoring equivalent of owning a Lear Jet. Last a lifetime and take you anywhere hassle-free.

5 hours ago, lesapandre said:

The Mercedes mats and lack of wear on drivers seat are a good sign. 

The spoiler, missing jacking-point caps, possible dent in rear door and non-standard wheels may point to trouble...or not.

But not expensive and they are superb cars to own and drive.

The motoring equivalent of owning a Lear Jet. Last a lifetime and take you anywhere hassle-free.

What’s wrong with the spoiler? 

1 hour ago, Shortos said:

What’s wrong with the spoiler? 

Nothing in itself. But as a non-standard fitment it may or may not indicate a car that has been messed about. 

Additional bad signs for me are aftermarket wooden steering wheels that look like they have been made at a fretwork evening class and those chrome arch covers...😂

Original MB mats are an initial good sign...along with an unworn drivers seat bolster...

54 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

Mk3 Astra on eBay. Clutch is slipping but long MOT with no advisories. Currently at £255. Surely the clutch on one of these is a fairly cheap and easy job?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313754096409s-l1600.thumb.jpg.18b0f185cad40036412d42ac29f9315b.jpg

There was a breed of Vauxhalls that had a 'slide-in' clutch that was a doddle to change. You didn't have to take the box off, just open a cover, slide a shaft and pull out the old friction disc. Or something like that. 

This is going back a while, I remember it on a MK2 Cav so maybe they abandoned it by the time this MK3 Astra was around. Far too much of a good idea.