Jump to content

eBay tat volume 3.


Ross_K

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, cort16 said:

Right so, he doesn't actually want to sell it. What he is likely to get are loads of lowball offers. Just keep the fucking car instead of teasing people with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154656597004?hash=item240240640c:g:m2MAAOSwQ3dhWfRe

s-l1600.jpg

Doesn't look bad for the money except for the faded rear lights. Mileometer not working is very likely to be a broken cog, which can be bought new and isn't a difficult job to replace, switching the entire unit is unnecessary.  An S instead of an ES, so possibly no infocentre and airco. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Image 01 - 1989 FORD TRANSIT CLASSIC OLD TRANSIT

 

1989 FORD TRANSIT CLASSIC OLD TRANSIT | eBay

 

The two three most important questions that remain unanswered on the advert:

1) Why is there a ducking being tickled by a snake in the bottom of the photograph

2) Does it have the correct engine?

3) Has the radiator been shot like a cartoon cowboy who's just had a big drink?

 

Luckily, our old M8s at the DVLA have confirmed it's a 2.5 diesel

I see your sensible motor, and raise you a petrol LWB ex-ambulance for half the price.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115043386553?hash=item1ac91ec4b9:g:~acAAOSwJXRhZdsE

Quote

Would be an ideal project for camper van 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started looking for tractors  for no sensible reason. Ended up in the "other vehicles" section on eBay. There's some right oddballs...

 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224648927052?hash=item344e1e974c:g:WtkAAOSwrvRhaeTZ

 

Edit: thinking about it, is this any use to you @dollywobbler? There are apparently a load of Yugo spares...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, D.E said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154656597004?hash=item240240640c:g:m2MAAOSwQ3dhWfRe

s-l1600.jpg

Doesn't look bad for the money except for the faded rear lights. Mileometer not working is very likely to be a broken cog, which can be bought new and isn't a difficult job to replace, switching the entire unit is unnecessary.  An S instead of an ES, so possibly no infocentre and airco. 

We have already torn this one apart (by we I mean myself and Jeff the 480 wizard) MOT history is patchy, mileometer has been broken for a long time, so mileage could mean anything, and the seller hasn't been honest (the lights don't go like that if it has been garaged its whole life)

Quote

Jiff's summary:

No interior shots.
"One minor fault only - mileometer needs replacing" - and has need it doing since 2015...
"Always been garaged" - Even photo'd outside a garage! It won't, of course, physically FIT in that garage, and the rear lights tell a different tale...
"MOT til Dec 2021 - has always flown through" Except in 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018 2019 and 2021.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MisterH said:

We have already torn this one apart (by we I mean myself and Jeff the 480 wizard) MOT history is patchy, mileometer has been broken for a long time, so mileage could mean anything, and the seller hasn't been honest (the lights don't go like that if it has been garaged its whole life)

 

Lack of interior (and engine) pictures is bugging me too. Another possible issue I noticed is that the advert states that it has leather seats, which an S shouldn't have. Of course they could have been replaced and this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice if the seller was clear about it. MOT history raises some questions, the observed oil leak may be trouble. 

Rear lights shouldn't be discolored if it was kept inside. Mine spent its life under a carport when it was with the longterm first owner and it clearly showed; the left light and paint was faded while the right was pristine.

33074402172_61ac9efca4_b.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coprolalia said:

I see your sensible motor, and raise you a petrol LWB ex-ambulance for half the price.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115043386553?hash=item1ac91ec4b9:g:~acAAOSwJXRhZdsE

 

You Wot Mate | Wot Meme on ME.ME

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, D.E said:

Lack of interior (and engine) pictures is bugging me too. Another possible issue I noticed is that the advert states that it has leather seats, which an S shouldn't have. Of course they could have been replaced and this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice if the seller was clear about it. MOT history raises some questions, the observed oil leak may be trouble. 

Rear lights shouldn't be discolored if it was kept inside. Mine spent its life under a carport when it was with the longterm first owner and it clearly showed; the left light and paint was faded while the right was pristine.

33074402172_61ac9efca4_b.jpg

Didn't realise you were a follower of the wedge, though your profile pic should have told me otherwise...

Rear light fogging isn't a huge issue as it can be solved, it is just the cracking that is the real problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AndaBoss said:

Image 11 - Vauxhall Nova saloon 5 door 1.2 luxe long mot 38k 1 previous owner totally orig

...Never even knew there was a saloon version of the Nova

There was. Didn't seem as common as the hatchback, but the saloon definitely existed.

Fun fact: the saloon was also available via the Green Shield Stamps scheme. Unfortunately you needed to collect about 2500 completed stamp books in order to claim the car, so I'm not sure any punters managed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AndaBoss said:

They were quite popular, but for sure there were more hatchbacks around. 

 

A two door Nova or Chevette saloon is a good ambassador for our society here. Nearly as much as a two door mk 2 Cavalier saloon, but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any left

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Fun fact: the saloon was also available via the Green Shield Stamps scheme. Unfortunately you needed to collect about 2500 completed stamp books in order to claim the car, so I'm not sure any punters managed it.

Indeed.  It was a 1.2 Merit though, not a posh Luxe like that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good God, yes

Image 1 - Classic Ex-Vauxhall Motors Bedford TM Recovery Truck

 

Classic Ex-Vauxhall Motors Bedford TM Recovery Truck | eBay

Owned by Vauxhall

Detroit diesel

Used at the E. Port plant.

 

There's just nothing not to like.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

 

Fun fact: the saloon was also available via the Green Shield Stamps scheme. Unfortunately you needed to collect about 2500 completed stamp books in order to claim the car, so I'm not sure any punters managed it.

Would rather have 1300cc Escort for 950 books...

 

green-shield-stamps-ford-escort-credit-ceredigion-archives.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Good God, yes

Image 1 - Classic Ex-Vauxhall Motors Bedford TM Recovery Truck

 

Classic Ex-Vauxhall Motors Bedford TM Recovery Truck | eBay

Owned by Vauxhall

Detroit diesel

Used at the E. Port plant.

 

There's just nothing not to like.

 

 

 

Ooh thats cool! I dont think iv seen many British built vehicles with a Detroit 2 stroke fitted, needs video of it running and driving

I feel given the engine fitted I should Tag @Zelandeth :) and with that tilt and slide bed its just the thing for transporting the Sinclair C5 of course...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...