eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

31 minutes ago, outlaw118 said:

Let's not go there again eh? I'm not in the mood.

Terribly sorry, I am new and do not wish any unpleasantness, having done some research I can see it is quite a touchy subject. It is one of the few things that has the potential to rile me up, but I garner no hatred whatsoever for the people who enjoy it - we must all have something in life, just wish rare cars were better protected.

But then, with all that is going on it would be unjust to place the blame purely on banger racing 

I did not wish to offend - hope that is clear :) 

Don't recall ever seeing one of these in white. Don't hate it, but would be better in the China Blue my 156 was painted. And if it wasn't diesel. Still, £99 start, no reserve, Stockport.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274805266510?hash=item3ffbab984e:g:jJ8AAOSw-MJgp3Jz

Image 1 - 2009 Alfa Romeo GT Lusso jtdm Diesel Bianco White

16 minutes ago, MisterH said:

Terribly sorry, I am new and do not wish any unpleasantness, having done some research I can see it is quite a touchy subject. It is one of the few things that has the potential to rile me up, but I garner no hatred whatsoever for the people who enjoy it - we must all have something in life, just wish rare cars were better protected.

But then, with all that is going on it would be unjust to place the blame purely on banger racing 

I did not wish to offend - hope that is clear :) 

I've been watching banger racing for over 40 years, French cars have never been a popular choice. I'm not sure that popularity for racing has too much of a link to survival rates anyway - be interesting to know the percentage of surviving Vivas, Avengers etc which weren't sought after for racing, compared to Cortinas which were. Much as I love racing, I don't like to see decent old roadworthy or saveable cars on track.

1 minute ago, neil1971 said:

I've been watching banger racing for over 40 years, French cars have never been a popular choice. I'm not sure that popularity for racing has too much of a link to survival rates anyway - be interesting to know the percentage of surviving Vivas, Avengers etc which weren't sought after for racing, compared to Cortinas which were. Much as I love racing, I don't like to see decent old roadworthy or saveable cars on track.

Yeah, I come from an engineering background and have always been big on conservation, I find the premise of the sport to be wasteful, but if it is modern tin cans I don't mind, it is just seeing stuff that is well and truly rare today still being smashed up even when it is drivable and saveable, just  a real crying shame, but as you say, the impact may not be that big 

3 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333974768694?hash=item4dc2728c36:g:zmIAAOSwVnxgHwsi

if it looks like this i too could live with buying a Buick....

Image 61 - Buick LE Sabre, 1969, pillarless 4 door, 350ci V8, auto, new interior.

I've already owned one Buick, I would be very happy to own that one!  Small matter of economics getting in the way though...

The Plymouth was lovely too but for what it is, I think the station wagon was overpriced.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274805655724?hash=item3ffbb188ac:g:sTcAAOSwLHZgp8eb

this metro is been sold by somewhere you can get low mileages arranged and MOT's done by phone.

cos this sure has hell has not been to a testing station with the suspension sat on its bumpstops.

the inability of the vendor to read the "surf" stickers on this car (the sun roof and coachline sticker make it a surf) and list it as a city also does not inspire confidence.

Image 01 - 1989 AUSTIN METRO CITY,998CC.VERY LOW 28K MILES,2 OWNERS,IMAC.NEAR FULL M O T

shame cos the car itself looks in good order, save been in desperate need of a suspension overhaul/regass and something better than 30 year old metric tyres!!