eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 hours ago, MisterH said:

Were they a rare case of a car actually being awful then? I unfortunately have never had the pleasure* of growing up with them around 

I had a Solara for a week, it was fine. It wasn't mine, it belonged to a friend. He liked them and had several Alpine/Solara. We just swapped cars for the week just for the hell of it. I left him with my Triumph 1300TC. So it very much depends on where your expectations are starting from. It was nice and comfy. The only downside I remember, and this was twenty years ago but I still remember this, was the window winders. They were too far forward and took about ten winds up and down. But then I was coming from a Triumph that only took one and a half winds so I was spoilt really. Still prefer my Triumph to any electric windows. 

17 hours ago, WillCarter said:

s-l1600.jpg

I'd love to put this back together as it is with something like a 2.0 Pinto under the bonnet. 

Around 1988 I had a previously-giffer-owned Mk4 2.0S with 66k on it, to which I fitted with a 285 cam and Weber 40s.  Had standard 3.77 diff and (excellent) 4-speed box.  Thrashed and revved it so much on quiet country roads that the piston rings were fucked.  It used to blow oil out of the filler cap, which collected on the underside of the bonnet, - the oil then slowly found it's way down to the front edge of the bonnet, then as you were driving it streaked it's way up the top of the bonnet and onto the windscreen, blurring your forward vision when you switched on the windscreen wipers.  Feckin Henry Ford and his design faults.

Replaced the void bushes and cut the coil springs down by about an inch (guesswork, with a hacksaw) so the handling was good and predictable once it was all leaning in one direction.  It didn't like changing direction quickly but it was great fun trying though.  Screeeeeeeeeechhh.

p4wMbyF.jpg

Aahh well, it's now time to get into 3-litre Capris then . . .

Had planned an Essex V6 conversion for the Cortina when a manual Granada 3.0 GL estate was breaking for spares locally, then thought 'fuck it, just buy Capris'. 

Long time ago.

10 hours ago, garethj said:

10 hours ago, garethj said:

54,000 miles😳

These 900s look great

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144036408939

image.thumb.png.b9adba69b0e79a0f5eeb4339c8cf7b7d.png

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!

These are both in way nicer condition than my 9000, and they're such good prices!