Jump to content

eBay tat volume 3.


Ross_K

Recommended Posts

Love this car but the current sale of it has been going on for a year now and it is getting very murky. This is the second time it has been on auction in the past two weeks, it’s advertised elsewhere for what now is established to be an unrealistic price. A well-known car to the enthusiast club and even though a good example, everyone agrees it’s overpriced. Even stranger the person selling it is the previous owner on behalf of the current owner who probably has realised this was a bad investment. It kind of drives me nuts, but the again I love the car.. It’s just going to sit and rot at this rate. :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-JAGUAR-XJR6-MANUAL-X300-SUPERCHARGED/313471763290?_trkparms=aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D231343%26meid%3Dbd5057048c5b44f594cf7d056832ae9b%26pid%3D101286%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dnone%26itm%3D313471763290%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26algv%3DWatchlistVariant&_trksid=p2380057.c101286.m47999&_trkparms=pageci%3Ae1580075-9056-11eb-b1d2-eecd533ef38c|parentrq%3A7ca431a01780a69fe1a5dc92ffae919d|iid%3A1

46D652E6-AA63-452F-8976-A2B44F143995.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, barrett said:

Concours pot-hunter on a budget? How about this guaranteed* FoU winner

11%20(4).jpg

Can't see those mental wheel trims without thinking of Stan_Hurst (RIP). Oh, it gets better inside

11%20(11).jpg

That's nicer than my house. £1250-2250, ACA, this time next month

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1984-mazda-626-glx/

GRAB a BARG to BRAG about

Now that is nice, though I must say I prefer the hatch to this, with the spoiler preferably 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, barrett said:

Concours pot-hunter on a budget? How about this guaranteed* FoU winner

11%20(4).jpg

Can't see those mental wheel trims without thinking of Stan_Hurst (RIP). Oh, it gets better inside

11%20(11).jpg

That's nicer than my house. £1250-2250, ACA, this time next month

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/saturday-1st-sunday-2nd-may/1984-mazda-626-glx/

GRAB a BARG to BRAG about

@Conan you need to start a collection :D

estimate makes me lol tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cpjitservices said:

That looks like a realistic price to me, although I know nothing about these. It seems to have escaped the dreaded Ford Scene Tax. Are they not viewed as desirable at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, spartacus said:

That looks like a realistic price to me, although I know nothing about these. It seems to have escaped the dreaded Ford Scene Tax. Are they not viewed as desirable at all?

They're not, for several reasons.  This is the 4-cylinder (not V4 as the ad states), 1703cc so hardly a ball of fire; effectively the mk2 Consul engine.  It's not related to the Kent and Pinto, so good luck finding tuning gear for it.  1966 was also the run-out year for the mk3, as the mk4 came along in the autumn; a car even less desirable, but which did at least have the V4 Essex, in 1996cc form (and the V6, in 2.5 and 3.0, the bigger size for the Zodiac only).

Saying all that, I would actually rather like this one, as it's the same model as my dad's (which doesn't appear on DVLA searches so is probably gone forever) and the registration is from Barrow, where I'm living now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Broadsword said:

Love this car but the current sale of it has been going on for a year now and it is getting very murky. This is the second time it has been on auction in the past two weeks, it’s advertised elsewhere for what now is established to be an unrealistic price. A well-known car to the enthusiast club and even though a good example, everyone agrees it’s overpriced. Even stranger the person selling it is the previous owner on behalf of the current owner who probably has realised this was a bad investment. It kind of drives me nuts, but the again I love the car.. It’s just going to sit and rot at this rate. :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-JAGUAR-XJR6-MANUAL-X300-SUPERCHARGED/313471763290?_trkparms=aid%3D777008%26algo%3DPERSONAL.TOPIC%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D231343%26meid%3Dbd5057048c5b44f594cf7d056832ae9b%26pid%3D101286%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dnone%26itm%3D313471763290%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057%26algv%3DWatchlistVariant&_trksid=p2380057.c101286.m47999&_trkparms=pageci%3Ae1580075-9056-11eb-b1d2-eecd533ef38c|parentrq%3A7ca431a01780a69fe1a5dc92ffae919d|iid%3A1

46D652E6-AA63-452F-8976-A2B44F143995.png

This is Rob Jenner’s old motor. It is immaculate and I was actually at the sale for the current owner. It was the day I took my XJ12 up to his storage facility. There is a genuine story behind this and why Rob’s cars often seem to find their way back to him. He is a car trader now he’s finished with breweries. Nice motor this and goes like a stabbed rat. A hell of a reach across for 1st gear - made all the more difficult by being pinned back in the seat when needing second!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Semi-C said:

Today, in "Car's that you didn't know of".

Brilliant. Hate to find parts for it though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the F**K.....WHY????????????????????????????????????????

 

Put the original engine back in! Or find an original to put back in!

Holy shit!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1958-HUMBER-HAWK-CLASSIC-CAR-WITH-1-9-DIESEL-ENGINE-CONVERSION-/294027465839?nma=true&si=wjNgTV4JT8rwUpkT%2By7fpo%2BFAMk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I hope whoever bought it does!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ChinaTom said:

This is Rob Jenner’s old motor. It is immaculate and I was actually at the sale for the current owner. It was the day I took my XJ12 up to his storage facility. There is a genuine story behind this and why Rob’s cars often seem to find their way back to him. He is a car trader now he’s finished with breweries. Nice motor this and goes like a stabbed rat. A hell of a reach across for 1st gear - made all the more difficult by being pinned back in the seat when needing second!

That number plate and anthracite black really do suit it so well. I know what you mean about scrabbling for gears in the manual when getting a shift on. You kind of have to brace as the acceleration pins you back on these, then throw your body weight to get it in gear. The old Getrag box is notchy and has that long throw as you mention. Glorious things! :D It ought to go to a specialist auction when we can all get out more again. No-one has been able to see it for ages!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Broadsword said:

That number plate and anthracite black really do suit it so well. I know what you mean about scrabbling for gears in the manual when getting a shift on. You kind of have to brace as the acceleration pins you back on these, then throw your body weight to get it in gear. The old Getrag box is notchy and has that long throw as you mention. Glorious things! :D It ought to go to a specialist auction when we can all get out more again. No-one has been able to see it for ages!

I’ve never driven it but have had a very scary ride in it - thankfully he knows the single track roads around his place well. There are a couple of cars like this that he lets go to people that he trusts will return them to him when they’re done with them. Hence the prices - just treat them as a deposit! His barns are now full of interesting cars - he’s well into Maseratis as well now, and has a proper nice Bitter SC. His connections with JDHT allow him to ‘borrow’ the XJ40 coupe and X300 convertible (Audi A4 hood apparently). I think he has an Enzo Ferrari thing going on where you have to be invited to buy certain cars despite being on general sale, and probably kneel down to sign the paperwork. That doubtlessly annoys a few people outside ‘the inner circle’ but to be honest he just worships the cars and is a genuinely nice generous bloke who lives and breathes for cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...