eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

8 hours ago, wuvvum said:

You've met Mechanic Kitteh, now say hello to Mechanic Goat.

s-l1600.jpg

"It's totally fucking fucked, meeeeehte"

s-l1600.jpg

Someone ought to send this Petrolblog's way

9 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

I’ll try explain. I like that shape saab, in that colour, and three spokes. I can’t afford it and have no moccasins. Regardless. Apologies, it’s sexual. I may have arrived too soon. 

Haha it's fine, was just a bit too out of the blue, even for me!

9 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Bloody hell, is that the going price for a 240 now? I know they've a well deserved following but they used to be £1500 quid cars not long ago. 

Having seen this in person I have to say it is in really good condition 

12 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Bloody hell, is that the going price for a 240 now? I know they've a well deserved following but they used to be £1500 quid cars not long ago. 

There's a lot of dreaming going on, but it's not unusual to see them around the £5-£6k mark now. I'm pretty sure they're not actually selling at that. 

On 3/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, wuvvum said:

Really?!  I'd be astonished to see a non-supercharged X308 make 5 figures, even with that mileage.  Or have I lost track of prices again?

I was spot on with my guestimate. £10,125

Silverstone Auctions | 1998 Jaguar XJ Sovereign (X308)

1 hour ago, juular said:

That's an amazing little rarity. The interior literally looks brand new. I remember the original ad in Decemberish where it showed the car 'as found'. It looked as though the car had sat in an orchard for a decade- the windows were more opaque than transparent. The seller hasn't mentioned the lacquer damage on the bonnet from heavy-handed jet washing on the green stuff either... 

This is the closest I can get to the original ad, but I'm pretty sure it was shared on the ebay thread on here too. 

Screenshot_20210329-105604_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That's an amazing little rarity. The interior literally looks brand new. I remember the original ad in Decemberish where it showed the car 'as found'. It looked as though the car had sat in an orchard for a decade- the windows were more opaque than transparent. The seller hasn't mentioned the lacquer damage on the bonnet from heavy-handed jet washing on the green stuff either... 

This is the closest I can get to the original ad, but I'm pretty sure it was shared on the ebay thread on here too. 

Screenshot_20210329-105604_Chrome.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-HYUNDAI-SONNET-X2-VERY-RARE-CAR-/233842230985?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

original ad

9 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

Good find.  I remember it was cheap, but that was bargain of the century. Thing is, I reckon it's worth the £1295 the current seller is asking - it's a lovely little thing which deserves a save. 

Just now, Dick Longbridge said:

Good find.  I remember it was cheap, but that was bargain of the century. Thing is, I reckon it's worth the £1295 the current seller is asking - it's a lovely little thing which deserves a save. 

yeah I had it on my watchlist as I was tempted..I guess selling it without MOT and in pre Christmas/lockdown timeframe got someone a bargain

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1318693

Alright, any guesses for the numberplate on this one? I'm vaguely interested in buying it on the off-chance that the seller isn't trying to hide a fuckton of rust-related advisories. My best guess was NEB658R but apparently that's not it, and I've drawn a blank with every similar combination I can think of.

1976-triumph-stag-604e8945b7dbc.thumb.jpg.d3c666ccb0fe1caf0935a9eb607cbb44.jpg