eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

32 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

It always struck me as odd how Volvo completely gave up on the idea of giving their cars a decent turning circle when the Mk2 V70 came out.  I know it's FWD, but so was the 850 and that could still make a U turn in a reasonable space.  The V70 needs full lock just to get round the M25.

I had the steering rack refurbished on my C70. When discussing it with the guys, they said that Volvo continued to use the 850 rack in the later V70 and C70s but with internal spacers to reduce the turning to accommodate bigger wheels. 

Seemed true as they were quite obsessive about me identifying the colour of my internal spacer before I brought it down to them. 

The C70 was pretty bad at getting round tight stuff but I forgave it for being cool as ...

1 minute ago, jamescarruthers said:

I had the steering rack refurbished on my C70. When discussing it with the guys, they said that Volvo continued to use the 850 rack in the later V70 and C70s but with internal spacers to reduce the turning to accommodate bigger wheels. 

Seemed true as they were quite obsessive about me identifying the colour of my internal spacer before I brought it down to them. 

The C70 was pretty bad at getting round tight stuff but I forgave it for being cool as ...

Always did like the C70 coupe, guess a good shape can lead to forgiveness of faults. As for bigger wheels, at least you had some sidewalls, who would have thought they'd go out of fashion by the 2020s?

30 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

My lad’s C70 on full lock👍

3B861B80-FD11-4BFC-8B2F-798DA82F43C4.jpeg

8 hours ago, Vincent Velocette said:

This BX 4x4 why yes, yes it is.

Much.Wantage.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1314042

1991-citroen-bx-603bda7ce7d75.jpg

This needs some self-control on my part to avoid...

I really wanted one of these as a lad:

57-1024x768.jpg

even though it was apparently utterly hopeless for its intended purpose, I still think it looked great.

Here's.... one of these. Absolutely no idea, despite the hyper-descriptive and meticulously written advertisement.

EDIT - seems to be a device called a CVE Omni, according to the internets. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/365395937870455/

20210319_153433.thumb.jpg.cb236f5a70891ab09c307348913b3d01.jpg

21 hours ago, Ghosty said:

They're trims. It's an 820i so it's quite low spec. 

Actually, to be fair to it, I think the 820is of that vintage only missed out on a CD changer and alloy wheels, unlike the early days when they went without electric rear windows, wood trim on the doors etc. etc. etc. 

Sorry, I can't help myself but pipe up when 800s are mentioned. Character trait.

I'm sure that Viper is sneering at this, thinking how dare you steal my thunder you rusty hack.

Image 1 - 1979-Dodge-Magnum-5-2L-V8-Auto-Coupe-Project-Calssic-American-Import-Barn-Find

Money shot.

Image 10 - 1979-Dodge-Magnum-5-2L-V8-Auto-Coupe-Project-Calssic-American-Import-Barn-Find

White car with white room prices though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Dodge-Magnum-5-2L-V8-Auto-Coupe-Project-Calssic-American-Import-Barn-Find/353425932744?hash=item5249d3c1c8:g:DD0AAOSw0OBgVRQm

18 hours ago, cort16 said:

With the links to fcaebook marketplace: Only the long links work for me, the abbreviated link such as for this Rover just take me to facebook marketplace and not to the item. Is there a way around this? (That doesn’t involve having a facebook account)

Just now, Asimo said:

With the links to fcaebook marketplace: Only the long links work for me, the abbreviated link such as for this Rover just take me to facebook marketplace and not to the item. Is there a way around this? (That doesn’t involve having a facebook account)

Not sure but just for you

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/938630930311189/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A0b02d281-bb62-417c-ae28-0516323c1364

P.S The facebook market place search is absolute dog shit. It's too busy trying to return what it thinks you're looking for rather than what you've actually typed in.

1 hour ago, Rustybullethole said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-Austin-Metro-Mk1-Van-1275cc-Automatic-project-spares-repairs/184697457204?hash=item2b00d38a34:g:HJsAAOSw-IlgUIsd

BOOM

*edit. Sold my last two metros for £50    the pair and bought a pair of trainers. 

0842BFA6-42B8-47D5-B5E5-89192FCD799E.png

I don't think I've ever seen an automatic Metro van. Vair noice 

4 hours ago, MisterH said:

Indeed, It is me indeed...

Thought I saw a familiar tag 😁

I felt it was time I indulged my other pleasures, in the shape of Piazza, VX4/90 and other tat

Cool, nice to see you here mate. I just dabble here really but I very much identify with the mindset!

18 hours ago, Wack said:

16 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

There really are just no words. Buy it now? Does he accept PayPal? Or do in I turn up to his house, do a quick 100k bank transfer on my phone, fill in the v5 and drive home?

Sadly I suspect the days of this car being driven the way it was intended are long gone.

It's more likely to spend the rest of its days as a well protected investment.