eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Have we had this squeaky clean Renault 18 derv yet? It's been spotted on here a few times, but I'd not seen it for sale previously. 

£2.5k seems a total barg for such a clean one. Almost unicorn poo status now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133679933295

Screenshot_20210310-090923_eBay.jpg

Edit: It belonged to @bramz7 at one point... 

2 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Clean, from most angles bluey. Sure the worst of panel damage would pop out with a good shoeing from the inside and might keep the price down

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Bluebird-1-8-LX-4-door-saloon/373487868771?hash=item56f59c9b63:g:f68AAOSwbmJgQ88E

1D39EED5-1394-4E57-A6C9-099B162BF02D.png

Calling @N19 to the expansion budget phone

11 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Calling @N19 to the expansion budget phone

Bad influence! I know someone who owns 5 Bluebirds... but is equally far away as I am!

I'd also be rubbish at projects. I become far too attached to anything to be able to work on it, improve it, then sell it on, so it'd be another permanent addition. Which the bank manager says no to.

50 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Photos look alright on a PC monitor.

It looks like Malcolm Orme / Savoy Garage is selling that. He was one of the previous owners of my CX.....

So been looking at stuff stateside again, again up in North-West Oregon (because of reasons), So with my $5,000 budget here's my top picks from the area...

Let's start with the obligatory Panther platform first, seeing how I always look for one...

00000_5jG3wbX69pWz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

This time it's not a Crown Vic, but a 97 Lincoln Town Car. I like it, but do much prefer 3rd gen's looks. But this style has grown on me having seen a few in person!  Not much to say, it looks clean inside & out and would no doubt give miles of trouble free and easy maintenance in the best of 90's Luxury*! Not bad for $4k

Next is keeping with the Luxury* theme, but a car that's a curiosity to me and I feel scores big in alot of shiter's score charts!

00808_7r2HnabP0Sxz_09G07g_600x450.jpg

A 2005 Kia Amanti...I find these amazing due to the styling! It's as if KIA said "We want to tap into the OAP Luxury* car market...So slapped a cartoon S-type nose onto a small Ford panther Platform! 🤣 This is one of the reason's it appeals to me, as well as the colour combo, cloth seats and it's from when the Koreans were still learning to make a luxury car (I mean the Genesis brand is big stateside now!). The V6 mated to a slush box powering the front wheels won't leave much to the imagination...but I do like it! At $3k it makes the list.

Now if you know the Pacific Northwest, you'll know what the weather is like, and considering I'd be living by the coast, the countryside can be mad and the main road (US26) to Portland goes threw mountains, AWD would be a BIG plus when the weather turns. Also the fact I'd be in an active Tsunami zone, not worrying too much about what's in your way would REALLY help! 

00X0X_eRPaawi8rlA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

So a jacked up 94 Ford Ranger would do just the trick! Equipped to take on  all that I stated above, and then some.  Would even be able to go dune bashing If I wanted. Not sure what else to add, other than it has the added bonus of being the extended cab with the fold down rear, side seats! Not as un-comfy as you'd think to ride on...Spent 40 miles in a seat like that in a 91 Ram with a 12 gauge between my legs, and that's not a euphemism! 
It also would piss the other half off who doesn't like pick up's (But she expects me to get one so wouldn't be too mad...) so I think it'd be $4k well spent!

And Finally, I have a little Euro flair to add. Normally I look for stuff we can't get this side of the pond. And this does actually tick that box...

00O0O_lRGPPTRuRFjz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Yes, it's the US Mondeo with an Americanized arse! This being a 99 Ford Contour SVT! So, essentially a Mondeo ST! Personally would be fantastic having something I know well while being so far from home, would be a blast on some of the backroads around where I'd be, and upkeep would't be too much of an issue if it use's a lot of Mondeo bits! For $2k it'd be a strong contender, but it's got a salvage title due to a past accident, but I don't think that's a big issue. 

X1/9 that isn't in a skip, 1400 BINs, loogabarooga

Fiat x1/9 coupe 1983 1500cc Last on the road and running in 2017 been dry stored since The car needs tlc the body is the worse and as you can see needs a screen inside is all there The engine turns but no spark I’ll try get running if weather improves but assume it’s a non runner I have keys log book and age cert from Fiat These are getting rare now and only going up in value Based in Loughborough Le11 Delivery possible at a cost Please note was raining when pics took not that shiny really. £1395 NO OFFERS

159052798_1794752257374223_3260809026722

Mazda 626, 850 BINs, Peebo

1989 mazda 626 LX 1.8 petrol 65000 miles in fair condition needs light restoration It runs and goes threw all gears Interior is in mint condition It needs little bit of work Last MOT was 2011 then sat in a barn for 10 years only done 300 ish miles since its last mot please check mot history yourself

159079872_283695376534723_65764089049754

159526960_283695433201384_39110380871835

Just now, The Vicar said:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bedford-cf250/27477813

NWFlYjM4ZDUyYTRmNjAyZTMwMzFjZmU5NWNlOWI2

Y2Y5ODJjMjUyNGZhMWI2ZDlmMjczNzMzNWFlMGQ1

NjhhYWUxY2U3YzE0OGFjMTMzZTc0N2E1OTVkYzU0

How nice is this?

Up for auction next month 

Now THAT is fucking gorgeous!  I would very happily swop Huggy for that!  If I had any actual cash, I would even use some to buy it.  And I would never repaint it, because the signwriting echoes my dad's former business in farm machinery.  (No, Elder's was nothing to do with him.)

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

On the subject of Landcrabs, here's an utterly fucked one for 150 quid.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited to add the obligatory @keef

it was restored to mint condition in early 1990s." 

What?  

More like it was pulled from a canal in the early 1990s.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224380793735?ViewItem=&item=224380793735

23 hours ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

Isn't converting it to a manual the preferred choice anyway? I imagine Legacy flat-6 boxes are pretty similar

Meh.  I don't think an SVX would work so well as a manual.  They're a wafty grand tourer, not a sports car - the auto 'box (when working) suits them to a T.

11 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

That was sold by *the* owner about six months ago for iirc £1000 BIN. What a surprise it is being flipped. It is in remarkable condition though, I was originally very interested myself.

25 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Meh.  I don't think an SVX would work so well as a manual.  They're a wafty grand tourer, not a sports car - the auto 'box (when working) suits them to a T.

Personally, cruise control is enough laziness for me, don't like autoboxes. I do like the SVX/Alcyone shape and if I found a manual one in my price range I'd probably do something stupid...