eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

10 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The back ground picture )of the garages) to that Marina van look really familiar.  Is that a 'shiter's house? Not @triggerI know but something rings a bell.

I think he is a regular seller on ebay, previously under the name tonytheskip, or something similar. Was previously selling Consul’s and mk1 Granada’s now seems to be selling Marina van’s and pickup’s.

Kudos for the getting the fella who filmed the intro to 'Rhoobarb & Custard' to take a photograph of your van, M8

Image 21 - Nissan-vanette-cargo-2000-model

Nissan vanette cargo 2000 model | eBay

10 hours ago, Austat said:

"Bought as a project, now selling as back to work."

I reckon we'll see quite a few of these projects appearing back over the next few months as lockdown eases and weather improves. 

2 hours ago, Wilko220 said:

These are getting well out of my price range now - yet another example of "I wish I had done it when I could still afford to"

Image 1 - bedford-ha-van

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bedford-ha-van/284187764186?hash=item422ae925da:g:yjsAAOSwuBdgLRrx

Jeez... one of my uncles drove one of these for a company called Brock's Alarms in the early 70s. KGC 414K.

Yep, mine of useless info, me. 

ex gambian embassy 

"MY UNCLE IS A PRINCE IN GAMBIA AND AIR TO A COLLECTION OF DESIRABLE DAIMLER LIMOUSINES. TO PURCHASE THIS COLLECTION TRANSFER 1 MILLION GAMBIAN DOLLARS INTO THE BANK ACCOUNT PAYEE MR SMOKEY A BANDIT"

Other stereotypes apply

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-DAIMLER-DS-LIMO-4-2-EX-GAMBIAN-HIGH-COMISSION-LIMOUSINE-WITH-DOCUMENTS-V5/184683629329?hash=item2b00008b11:g:eSoAAOSwzUpgN9do

10 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Image 51 - Tx2-black-cab

Tx2 black cab | eBay

'Ladies love this car'

I reckon playing 'Fake Taxi' outside some scouse night club could be interesting.

I was waiting in the Honda accord, outside a comedy club at the Albert Dock, for my wife and her 3 mates to come out, and at least 6 people tried to open the back door, so i guess an actual real taxi, would get more. 

13 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

"MOT and tax exempt in 2022"

Brilliant! Just keep it until then and drive it with abandon 

I honestly think cars should require to have a had an MOT in the year before they become exempt, before they are allowed to be exempt. 

As in prove its road worthy, before you no longer have to prove it's road worthy. 

40 minutes ago, New POD said:

I honestly think cars should require to have a had an MOT in the year before they become exempt, before they are allowed to be exempt. 

As in prove its road worthy, before you no longer have to prove it's road worthy. 

I'd endorse that too. And if it was SORN over the 40 year mark, an MOT before being granted MOT-exempt status

It is a bit silly that I could drag some rotbox from 1980 out of a garage, get it running and as long as it doesn't have big rust holes in the bodywork and looks sort of ok, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get away with just driving it 

1 hour ago, horriblemercedes said:

It is a bit silly that I could drag some rotbox from 1980 out of a garage, get it running and as long as it doesn't have big rust holes in the bodywork and looks sort of ok, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get away with just driving it 

I remember junkman of this parish (in a previous life) doing just that with some old merc he had. 

Battery, fresh fuel, straight out of the garden it had been stored in for at least the last 10 years and put on the road..... 

I thought it was a cool thing to do anyway 

Edited by vaughant
Awful spelling

I must confess I am very uneasy about this MoT exemption business - sure, I bet those who watch Roadkill/Vice Grip Garage etc. love how something gets hauled out of a scrappy and driven away with huge holes in the floor and of a standard akin to the Jag in Withnail and I, but I don't want one of these pricks barrelling into the back/side of me because their brake pipes exploded under pressure.

I once asked about this on an American channel and the response I got was "it's called freedom, you Europeans should try it sometime".

19 minutes ago, R1152 said:

I don't want one of these pricks barrelling into the back/side of me because their brake pipes exploded under pressure.

Yeah - and it will only take a small number of such cases before certain types are putting it about that all classic / old cars are death traps etc.

TBF in the nearly nine years since the first MoT exemptions came into law, I have not heard of a single case of an 'unsafe' vehicle causing or being involved in an accident due to not being roadworthy. And believe me, if it had happened then the press would be all over it. I think for the most part people who own old cars are quite sensibleabout what they're driving, and much more attuned to faults developing than your average person on the street. And most people really don't want to risk writing off their pride and joy - even if it was recently pulled from a hedge - so tend to keep on top of upkeep.

I'd be much more worried about the thousands of people who drive modern cars without MoT, tax or insurance simply because they casn't be bothered/don't care about breaking the law

There's so few tax/ MoT exempt cars running around compared to the millions of newer cars on the road, it's unlikely to attract the attention of the authorities when Mr knowitall drives around in a dangerous 'classic'.

Sure, you'll get the idiots who happily drive around something they've dragged out of a barn with fresh air holding the rear suspension to the car, but they're thankfully few and far between.  When the brakes do fail or the wheel falls off, you can only hope they don't take someone else with them at the same time.

Edit- wot Barret said!